Trip to Tennessee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnnyReb

Senior Cook
went to Pigeon Forge for a couple 3 days and had a mighty fine supper at Bennets BBQ

the ribs were good with great hickory smoke flavor, but the chicken was EXCELLENT. My wife really loved the baked potatoe , im not sure if it was smoked or not but it had a great flavor, there was corn on the cob that was served in the husk with the silk still inside and it also had a really good taste

anyone on here been there?

crazyhorse said:
went to Pigeon Forge for a couple 3 days and had a mighty fine supper at Bennets BBQ

the ribs were good with great hickory smoke flavor, but the chicken was EXCELLENT. My wife really loved the baked potatoe , im not sure if it was smoked or not but it had a great flavor, there was corn on the cob that was served in the husk with the silk still inside and it also had a really good taste

anyone on here been there?

Nope.
But it sure sounds good.

No I havent but will someday. There is a place there called "The Apple Barn" that has the best breakfast Ive ever had out. Good eats.

Bennets chicken is pretty good, its been a few years since I made it up to all that wonderful traffic, nothing like hillbilly heaven, :grin:

Big Mike, if you can, go one morning to the Apple Barn for breakfast. The bisquits and apple butter alone are worth going. =P~ Plus they have a wine tasting area which has a great apple/raspberry blend that will give you a good morning buzz. I buy a case of it everytime we go there.

Mike, which way are you heading down ? not to good on the Pigeon Forge restaraunts, but I know a handful along the way there.

I spent a night there a few weeks ago. There is a Lodge cast iron outlet store and a knife outlet near route 40.

We went to a Tennessee Smokies minor league baseball game which was a ton of fun.

Wish I had a chance to get to the store. Would have loved to pick up a couple of pieces.

Back
Top Bottom