Toyota Comparison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
probbq said:
img_91738_0_7e915ce310fb8da7b32d9d7eaed9d220.jpg

Ahhhhh I'm in heaven!! That's an old Landcruiser correct??

probbq said:
That's correct Larry FJ40 , re-built it from scratch, when I lived in Zimbabwe.

Let me tell you, it goes where others fear to go! :LOL:

Beautiful, simply beautiful!!! The Cruisers are indeed beasts off road and will go anywhere! Have you seen the new FJ Cruisers? They look nice, but I'm sure they're not as capable as the old ones!

Larry Wolfe said:
probbq said:

Beautiful, simply beautiful!!! The Cruisers are indeed beasts off road and will go anywhere! Have you seen the new FJ Cruisers? They look nice, but I'm sure they're not as capable as the old ones!

LAND ROVER Discovery....*extra happy dance*

probbq said:
Oi! no swearing here please!

I must say those Landrover things do tow well....

Behind a Cruiser :P

:damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":xavzp73i]
probbq said:

LAND ROVER Discovery....*extra happy dance*[/quote:xavzp73i]

I had a Discovery II. Averaged 1.5 shop days per month. They did provide a free loaner (usually a Freelander), but it was a pain to drive 40 miles to the dealership twice a month. Now got a 4-runner. No shops days in 2 years.

Well, its been 7 pages, guess Ill throw my 2 cents in...

Im a staunch ford man...My daily driver is a '91 full size Bronco..the wife drives a 2002 Windstar...My '74 F-250 always starts and is ready to head anywhere to pick up a load of wood...and Im building a '78 bronco into a off road buggy (and there's been umpteen fords come and gone through here). My Dad had a mid 80's full size Bronco he bought new and put over 250,000 miles on the original motor when he traded it in (he changed the oil religiously every 3000 miles). That being said, I bought my daughter a late 80's toyota that had an awful knock in the motor (22re if I recall) ..we had every intention of tearing it down and rebuilding it..she never got the hang of the stick, so I took it off her hands..drove it for over two year with the knock including several 1000 mile trips into canada towing my boat and never had an issue with it till the day it met Mr. Tree. As much of a Ford man that I am, Id never hesitate to by a Toyota again. It was easy to work on and gave us many years of service...

john pen said:
Well, its been 7 pages, guess Ill throw my 2 cents in...

Im a staunch ford man...My daily driver is a '91 full size Bronco..the wife drives a 2002 Windstar...My '74 F-250 always starts and is ready to head anywhere to pick up a load of wood...and Im building a '78 bronco into a off road buggy (and there's been umpteen fords come and gone through here). My Dad had a mid 80's full size Bronco he bought new and put over 250,000 miles on the original motor when he traded it in (he changed the oil religiously every 3000 miles). That being said, I bought my daughter a late 80's toyota that had an awful knock in the motor (22re if I recall) ..we had every intention of tearing it down and rebuilding it..she never got the hang of the stick, so I took it off her hands..drove it for over two year with the knock including several 1000 mile trips into canada towing my boat and never had an issue with it till the day it met Mr. Tree. As much of a Ford man that I am, Id never hesitate to by a Toyota again. It was easy to work on and gave us many years of service...

Good post John! I'll tell you the 22R's gotta be one of the most indestructable motors ever built!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="john pen":2v7j62ex]Well, its been 7 pages, guess Ill throw my 2 cents in...

Good post John! I'll tell you the 22R's gotta be one of the most indestructable motors ever built![/quote:2v7j62ex]

I always thought the same thing till I bought one for my daughter in an older Carolla ......she musta got a bad one..............LOL ;)

Smokey_Joe said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2q26dvg0][quote="john pen":2q26dvg0]Well, its been 7 pages, guess Ill throw my 2 cents in...

Good post John! I'll tell you the 22R's gotta be one of the most indestructable motors ever built![/quote:2q26dvg0]

I always thought the same thing till I bought one for my daughter in an older Carolla ......she musta got a bad one..............LOL ;)[/quote:2q26dvg0]

You should have know Chevy made the Carolla, Toyota made the Corolla! That's why it was no good!! :shock: :LOL: :shock: :LOL:

<yawn> [smilie=yawn2.gif]

Went and test drove a Yota today just for the heck of it.... nice truck.... quite powerful...surprising even! But not the room inside of my F-250...I know it's a bit different class truck.... but I guess the interior space is what drew me to the Ford in the first place.

If the Toyota stretches it's inside a bit, I could see possibly buying one.

Smokey_Joe said:
<yawn> [smilie=yawn2.gif]

Went and test drove a Yota today just for the heck of it.... nice truck.... quite powerful...surprising even! But not the room inside of my F-250...I know it's a bit different class truck.... but I guess the interior space is what drew me to the Ford in the first place.

If the Toyota stretches it's inside a bit, I could see possibly buying one.

Hey Joe which one did you drive? Only complaint about my Tacoma is the head room getting in through the door. But once I get in I got plenty of leg and head room.

Larry Wolfe said:
Hey Joe which one did you drive? Only complaint about my Tacoma is the head room getting in through the door. But once I get in I got plenty of leg and head room.

I checked out the Tacoma... The salesman said the Tundra has much more interior space and access, but they didn't have one on the lot. He said they sell as fast as they come in.

I agree, the access was cramped on the Tacoma, and I also felt tight against the drivers door/window with my shoulders. Maybe the seat is too close to the door for inside space purposes???? I dunno. With the window down and elbow out the door it was plenty comfortable.... but that answer just don't cut it with New Englands weather. The dash felt a little "close" too.

Will wait on a call about a Tundra. :D

Smokey_Joe said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":ty50b5w4]

I checked out the Tacoma... The salesman said the Tundra has much more interior space and access, but they didn't have one on the lot. He said they sell as fast as they come in.

I agree, the access was cramped on the Tacoma, and I also felt tight against the drivers door/window with my shoulders. Maybe the seat is too close to the door for inside space purposes???? I dunno. With the window down and elbow out the door it was plenty comfortable.... but that answer just don't cut it with New Englands weather. The dash felt a little "close" too.

Will wait on a call about a Tundra. :D[/quote:ty50b5w4]

I went from driving the older 98 Tacoma into the 05 Tacoma and it was huge compared to the older compact model. Perfect mid-size truck for me and the family. The Tundra is as big or bigger inside than the other full sized competitors. Let me know what you think of the Tundra when you test drive it. They are supposed to be beasts, but I know better than to test drive one or I'll more than likely end up with one in my driveway! Can't be doing that!

Chuckwagoncook said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Smokey_Joe":2mflfuxw][quote="Larry Wolfe":2mflfuxw]

Will wait on a call about a Tundra. :D

I went from driving the older 98 Tacoma into the 05 Tacoma and it was huge compared to the older compact model. Perfect mid-size truck for me and the family. The Tundra is as big or bigger inside than the other full sized competitors. Let me know what you think of the Tundra when you test drive it. They are supposed to be beasts, but I know better than to test drive one or I'll more than likely end up with one in my driveway! Can't be doing that![/quote:2mflfuxw]

I hear you there Larry, I dont dare go on the Ford lot, and look at the Super-Duty trucks, cause I aint sure I have enough restraint not to test drive one, and then I dont know if I could keep from buying one, which I would love to do, but my '97 runs just fine, hasnt let my down yet, and best of all ITS PAID OFF!! That in its self is a great feeling, now if I can only get another 20 years outta the ole truck I will be doing good.... :D :D[/quote:2mflfuxw]

I got rid of my PAID OFF 98 Tacoma for the 05 Tacoma I have now. Big mistake. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck and it's far roomier for everyone, but I hate the payment and the 5 year commitment!

Back
Top Bottom