Tournament Picks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROB O

Senior Cook
OK, I'll go first. I am a dyed in the wool true blue Big East fan. Go Huskies Go Cats, Go Cuse in that order. (Holding aside the remote possibility of a Penn Quakers miracle.)

That being said and despite the fact GT beat 'em in the ACC semis.... It kills me to say this. I'm picking NC over IL in either the semis or finals depending on the brakcets.

How say youse guys?

Nick Prochilo said:
I could care less. Basket ball just isn't a sport that turns me on. Sorry! Hows that Greg?

Aaahh but Nick, you cared enough to reply :gib:

Rob I think the Tar Heels may have peaked too early this year....they didin't look very good in the ACC tourney, and I think teams have figured out how to play us...keep the ball out of our pg's hands, and double team
our center. Our leading scoring got an intestinal thing and missed 5 games....also lost a lot of weight and stamina. And our freshman sensation seems to have hit a wall.

Course it's fun to watch, so we'll see!

Woodman said:
I pick.......................DUKE!!!!!!!!!!

That's gonna be interesting. Duke Syracuse is in that bracket. One seed vs Four seed. Winner of that game goes to the final four.

If both teams play as well as I believe they're capable. I pick Syracuse. Not that they're a suprior team overall I think that would be Duke but: I think Duke's gonna have trouble with Syracuse's 2 - 3 zone.

Brian H said:
Rob,

Dont rule out Kentucky so fast.

That brackets gonna be good.

True enough and if I'm gonna give 'Cuse the benefit of the doubt might as well show some respect to the boys in blue.

Funny situation for me this year. Feel the Big East is strong but I can't see any of them going all the way. I'm not a BC believer and UConn is too weak at guard ( For the life of me I don't see how they got that 2 seed). If 'Cuse gets hot and plays like they did on Friday night maybe......

Sentimental favorite Go UPenn. (Maybe we can do 1980 (1981?) all over again.)

As long as an ACC team wins it all, I can live with the result. I don't think my alma mater has any realistic chance to get even to the Sweet Sixteen; that said, my sentimental favorite is Wake Forest, then Duke, then (as hard as it is to actually root for them), UNC-Chapel Hill. I hope N. C. State can get by UNC-Charlotte, I'd consider that a moral victory.

Larry, you need to check that post....you just said you'd rather have Dook win instead of NC. I know, it's easy to get confused with all those letters on the keyboard.

NO ONE IN NORTH CAROLINA PULLS FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY AT DURHAM! ;)

Speaking as a Northwestern grad:

Captain Morgan said:
FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY AT DURHAM! ;)

:smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082

Bruce B said:
My long shot, no one saw it coming pick.....Florida.

Florida is playing their best, right now. I agree as they are one of my picks. My team, U of L - 29-4 ,winning the their conference straight out, and their tourney, got the shaft with a 4 seed IMHO. Oh well, we will see.
I am glad that we are moving into the Big East. Win there and you earn respect. Good bye CUSA.

I didn't think Miami and Virgina Tech's basketball teams would be overwhelmed in the ACC...the Big East is trememdous. I was surprised to see the football Heels beat Miami however! :ack:

By the way, word is that Gary Williams and John Gilchrist have an attitude problem all year long....anybody heard if Gilchrist is leaving?

Back
Top Bottom