Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning or Plowboys Yardbird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 Olives

Senior Cook
I'm stuffing and cooking my turkey in the oven as usual. However, i'll be smoking a breast for myself and a few breasts for friends. Should I go with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, Plowboys Yardbird, or something else?

Try a 50/50 combo of Paul Purdhommes Poultry Magic and good quality lemon peppa...Lawrys..McCormicks etc. Somebody on here gave me that tip several years back and have been using it for turkey ever since. The Cajun seasonings I have used in the past are way too salty. In fact I think most of them are salt with some cayenne mixed with it.

I decided to go with Wolfe Citrus and just placed an order with the Spice Barn for the orange peel granules, lemon peel granules, and a few other spices . bigwheel is coorect-I just found out the Creole is 26 oz. of salt and 6 1/2 oz. of other spices.

Good call on the Wolfe Citrus - I put it on 24 hrs. in advance and the breast was tasty and the skin was the best I've ever eaten.

Oregano? I think there is either some Greeks or Eyetalians lurking around here. Maybe some who watch the dumb Portugese Yankee from Falls River, Mass on TV too much. I'm really getting hot under the collar here so to speak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom