Tonight's Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Well it never got out of the teen's all day here and the wind has been blowin and it's suppose to snow tonight. It was the kind of day that just yelled out for Pinto Beans with Ham Hocks and Cornbread. Took a few things from Bigwheel's recipe and a couple things from Woodman's recipe, and ended up with a nice pot of Pinto's, ham hocks, some onion and Rotel's.

I finally got around to trying Keri C's Blue Ribbon Cornbread recipe and I'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner.

And when you put it all together, it's comfort food in the extremest. Great on a nice cold, windy night.

We all know though it'll be better tomorrow.

Oh man, Oh man does that look nice and comforting for a cold days dinner!! Perfect Bruce!!!! Vacuum seal me some and send a bowl this way!!

Bruce that looks great! I'll bet it tasted great too!

P.S Hall Road & Hayes tomorrow ;)

Bruce, that looks great! Les would have appreciated a snack on his way through there yesterday. lol

Bruce a big ol pot of beans and cornbread is one of my favorite meals.
I pour vinegar pepper sauce all over it (as you might guess!) and sop up the juice with the cornbread.

I do prefer navy beans, but love both. I serve it sometimes on poker night, never get complaints, and one guy says it's his favorite thing I cook.

I don't fix it much in warm weather, but start craving it when its cool.
Already hitting 70 degrees some days here now, so maybe I better make
some before it gets too hot!

Right now I'm craving soggy mater sandwiches, cucumbers and squash.
Still gonna be a while before the fresh stuff gets available.

I guess Bruce is out "blowing snow" with his self contained new blower courtesy of the bowl of beans!!! :shock: :shock:

Captain Morgan said:
I pour vinegar pepper sauce all over it (as you might guess!) and sop up the juice with the cornbread.

I do prefer navy beans, but love both. I serve it sometimes on poker night, never get complaints, and one guy says it's his favorite thing I cook.

Bruce looks great nice work..them beans will keep your warm on a cold winters night..and sleeping on the couch....
Cappy I think I speak for most of the Northern Boys and Girls when I say we are begining to hate you.... :D

wittdog said:
Captain Morgan said:

Bruce looks great nice work..them beans will keep your warm on a cold winters night..and sleeping on the couch....
Cappy I think I speak for most of the Northern Boys and Girls when I say we are begining to hate you.... :D

Most, not all! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom