to Wii or not to Wii??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
My wife is advocating that we get a Wii for the family for Christmas. The kids are 7 and 4 1/2. I am against mindless video games for the kids. This would be a "family time" thing for all of us.

Your thoughts??

100% yes. The Wii games are not mindless, they are also great for cordination and exercise for the kids depening on what you get. You can also get all the Movies you can watch when you want to watch them through Netflix on the Wii.

We have a Wii and a PS2 the Wii doesn't see much use other than watching Netflix movies. We don't have very many games for it either though too.

My Kids love the Wii...and alot of the games have good problem solving. It's also another thing to take away when they are in trouble.

ScottyDaQ said:
Get one, or have your kids hate you.
Your thoughts? :LOL:
They probably hate him already... :LOL:
They can play it after there farm chores are done ;) besides after you stock the fridge with the neighbors pig and cow you'll have all kinds of extra cash to spend on the Wii

I'm not into wii for gaming, it does a killer job on Netflix. I like it. It is fun to play games on it, but the new games are big bucks.

Pigs
(who will play shuffle board, pool, and ping pong, horseshoes, and waffle ball)

Well it so happens I have some chubby grand chillins who will hop around and gets some excercize on a Wii. Got to be a good thang.

bigwheel

This is how Larry bowls.

We have it...kids like it. I wish I had done the xbox but the Wii is fun.

It will be interesting to see the Wii on a 60" LED I'm getting for myself.

I'd be worried my daughter would lose her imagination. Which is still very intact.
Old school values I guess. My daughter and her friends still play together without video games.
I had a whole store and a carnival (complete with prizes) set up on my patio yesterday. Just sayin'.

Uncle Bubba said:
You should have a pretend bbq place next to it and pretend to be a bbq pitmaster. Now how insane is that?? Just sayin'. :LOL:
We'd have to drive all the way to Ohio for that. :P

Well technology has advanced a leap or two since we last spoke of the Wii. Mama done tole me they got em out now which uses kinect energy to spot and track you using infared. It like a Wii on steroids. You dont need a mat or any controllers. Its an XBox Connect. Get that. Best of fortunes to you sir.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom