To old fer this chit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Well taday perty much just sucked! Let me bore ya with the details.

1st, snowin, sucks, drivin an hour ta the job in the snow, sucks.

2nd, get ta the job, can't get up the drive, hitch hits, trucks slidin sideways towards the ditch an a culvert, gotta park in the road an drag everthin 3 times as far.

3rd, put the step out on the truck, step on it an it breaks. This sucks, now were usin a ladder.

4th, did I mention it's snowin?

5th, workin on a second story roof off a ladder, partner put up the ladder (ain't doin that again), ladder starts slidin off the ice an snow covered edge a the roof, I lean left an get it slowed down, ladder hooks a rain gutter, stops, ok, maybe we can get outa this yet.

6th, nope, ladder slides again, now I'm hangin off the side a the ladder, ladder an me starts toward earth, bounce off the second roof, ridin the ladder all the way down, lookin fer a place ta land.

7th, concrete steps dead ahead, shift my wieght an land on the ground. Ok, this is gonna hurt. Layin there in the snow, jacket hood over my face, still breathin.

8th, ok, what hurts, well nothin comes ta mind right away, head don't hurt, missed the steps by bout 2 inchs, back well as good as usual, knee, sh*t, it hurt this mornin, know, it really is bitchin, foot well thats stuck in a ladder rung an my big butts layin on the ladder! Ok one bit a brite news outa all this, I didn't swallow my chew!

9th, look around, anybody see this fiasco? No, know how ta move an not do any more damage. Slide off the ladder, get my foot out, start gettin up. I wanna go home know.

10th, my butt hurts, I landed on my can a chew, gonna have a swell bruise on my butt, got one on my leg, knee is swelled up, foot hurts an is swellin up to.

11th, pick up the ladder, it looks like I feel, move it ta the other side a the house an hobble round the next two hours.

Boss finally calls off work due ta the weather.

Damn, I'm glad ta be home!

Moral a the story, don't let yer partner set the ladder! An yes it was strapped ta the roof, but last I seen the cord it was headed north over my head!

I would NEVER ask a contractor to go on my roof in this weather! But, I see the boys out there doing it every day. And who the hell gets a roof put on in this winter weather. :shock: sounds like a hell of a day!

Pigs

bbquzz said:
This guy was having a similar day without the snow :D

FAKE!
...The Good news is that I truly outdid myself this year with my Christmas decorations (see above picture)...

The Bad news is that I had to take my fake man down after only 2 days.

I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever !!

Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, Peel Regional Police advised me that it has caused several near traffic accidents as people drove by my house.

Second, a 75 year-old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder and almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was NOT happy).

By the way ... she was only one of many people who attempted to do that.

My yard couldn't take it either.

I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally crazily drove up my yard to the bottom of the window!!

Oh yea, I can see me doing that, but I have burned up all my Five-O mileage for the year. :cry: Want to start the new year off with a clean slate. :LOL: Oh, that's not right. The odometer don't go back to zero after a year ya piss them off. ;) Great joke. Bet it flipped people out for a few days. :LOL: The not cool factor is that the cops are just trying to do there job, and don't need that kind of BS.

Pigs

I stopped doing second story robberies in my thirties, and never in icy weather. Stick to first floor break-ins.
Hope everything heals up ok.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom