Time for fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris, have you been to the Margaritaville Restaurant in Charleston?
We just got one here last summer.

Service sucks!!!!!!!!! Worst ever! Especially the bartenders!
But it's always packed. I go fairly often just for the atmosphere.

Never been there. Just can't make myself go to places like that when there are soooooo many really good local places here. Maybe one day if I get the urge.

A friend of a friend is a bartender there (here)... says Jimmy comes in every so often. It's probably a lie that they spread around to get people to come in hoping they see him. :?

ya know, it's the worst 8 dollar burger I ever had! Hardees rocks though!

Anyway, we also got a Cheeseburger in Paradise Restaurant, which is like a smalller version. Service is better, but the food is just average.

Jimmy is supposed to come visit both...he was in Columbia last week and rumors were flying he would be here...didn't happen. Oh well..
I haven't been as much of a fan since he quit piloting boats and started flying planes.
Ahoy Matey!

Cappie, come down here one Tuesday and I'll take you to eat the best $3-something burger you ever ate. There's a dive here that does gourmet burgers and on Tuesday night after 7:00 they are half price. So you get there for happy hour(s) and drink like crazy... then at 7 you order you burger and another beer to wash it down. You can be drunk and out by 8:00 if you want. Hell, you could be back to MB by 10:30.

Moe's Crosstown Tavern
Barflies need not suffer bad bar food when they hit this favorite Hampton Park neighborhood dive. Goat cheese quesadillas, fried green tomato BLTs, and bombastic burgers washed down with beer and a ball game make this a popular spot with locals and college kids. (MB) 714 Rutledge Ave., 722-3287.

Yeah... I'm back-asswards that way. :?
I usually stay down here everyother weekend, but lately the wife hasn't been coming down so I'm going home every weekend for a while. Really is cutting into my BBQ time. :-(

Greg says I get Virtual Cooking Points for posting. When I was a long distance bicyclist... we used to get virtual mileage for buying bicycle stuff. ;)

See if they have a Norweigen lager called Aass. It is possibly my favorite next to Coopers Real Ale from Australia

Well first off..while all you guys were drinking yesterday, I worked a 12 hour shift in the crappy cold 20 degree / 10 inches of snow weather ! Ok, so much for the feeling sorry for myself thing..I hope to make up for that today....Its 5 o'clock somewhere...

I went to Buffet's place in New Orleans a few years back...was there during the morning hours and had a great time...nice people and comfortable atmosphere..We're early risers, so we were usually in the bars by 7:00am. 2 for one at that hour and usually 3 for one after 10:00am...gotta love a town that the bars are open 24/7. I LOVE NEW ORLEANS !!!!

John,

I remember years ago, when we would get off midnight shift at 8am, our guys and some guys from the neighboring city used to meet at the bar after shift. Stay there until 2 or 3 in the afternoon go home, sleep and be back to work at midnight....those were the days.

Before we went to 12's, I worked 4p to 12a. Many a night / early morning was spent with my platoon in that very same manner !

For most of my career, before I started moving up, I worked either midnights or 8p-4a, some afternoons. 4-12's are not conducive to happy marital life as my attorney bills could testify to many years ago.

I couldn't agree more..it was definatly a good shift to work..always something going on...and no sence going home at midnight..hell, everyones going to be sleeping anyway..lol

But as much as I hate to admit it, it did get old after a while..I think it would have been different if I was single.. I love days and working the 12 hour shifts give me tons of time off...to sit in front of this idiot box and drink...!

oh ya..!! Ill be 58, mortage paid that same year, heading somewhere warm !!!! Ive had it with this cold BS..lol

5 days one week...two days the next week...every other weekend is a 3 day (fri, sat, sun)...Gotta love it ! And to sweeten it even more, dept wont pay for those 4 extra hours, so 1 day a week is a 10 hour day...

Back
Top Bottom