Time for a home brew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... I used to do that. Fun stuff. til the homebrew supply store in town went out of business.

wanna try something really good.... get yourself 4 gallon of unpasturized apple cider (if you can find the unpasturized) heat up 1 gallon in your pot and melt in 2 lbs of brown sugar. after all that is incorporated...add other 3 gallons... use champaigne yeast to ferment...

after fermentation...with the added sugar you should get about 12-15% or more alcohol content...

goood hard cider!

try it.... and then send me a bottle :D

Gary in VA said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... I used to do that. Fun stuff. til the homebrew supply store in town went out of business.

wanna try something really good.... get yourself 4 gallon of unpasturized apple cider (if you can find the unpasturized) heat up 1 gallon in your pot and melt in 2 lbs of brown sugar. after all that is incorporated...add other 3 gallons... use champaigne yeast to ferment...

after fermentation...with the added sugar you should get about 12-15% or more alcohol content...

goood hard cider!

try it.... and then send me a bottle :D

5.gif

Rrrrrarrarrr...Now wouldn't bet my life on it of course but think whut you descirbed there aint hard cider. Its terminology would that be that of "apple wine." Now why it would need to be unpasturized I aint sure. Pinch of bread yeast works purty good will bring it up to 12% or so. For a five gallon batch a person needs to use about 10 lbs of sugar. White works just fine. Now if you want you can make hard cider from the results. You just freeze it and pour off that part which don't take kindly to freezing which is then known as hard cider. The ice ball that is leftover makes purty good snowcones for the kids. It sort of a redneck backwards version of making moonshiine. Now I dont think its gonna taste much like apples when you get done. Just guessing on some of this stuff.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom