Thomas the Tank Engine Overload!!! HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
we are getting my son who will turn 2 next month a Thomas the Tank engine set.... the only question is which set, do we buy a lot from someone on ebay, how much do we friggin spend, yadda yadda yadda... we have been looking at this stuff for a week straight... (dang that crap is expensive).... I am suffering from THOMAS OVERLOAD. I am so so tired of thomas and he ain't even here yet....

If any of you have any advice.... OR.... if you have kids that have outgrown their thomas sets and you wish to sell.... let me know ASAP

thanks for listening.

Gary, you haven't lived until you've done "a day out with Tomas". it's a live train ride on a passenger train with Thomas pulling the train. Tickets were around $60-70 for the 4 of us and there were about 1500-2000 people there when we went. Someone was making some nice cash on this deal. this doesn't include all the Thoms crap they had for sale.

Yeah Gary...make sure you do this one and think of how miserable Uncle Bubba must have been doing it. I'm sure you'll giggle to yourself...I did. ;)

Check Toys R Us for knock off brands of Thomas. Do not buy a set. Buy a knock off set and buy yhe Thomas stuff by itself piecemeal. The regular Thomas sets are ridiculous. You will pay a ton for the the track but the knock off set track work with Thomas engines too. Plus, he's 2 and won't know it's not a Thomas set....but your wallet will.

tomorrow start the seller boycott on ebay. It might not involve the ones you have been looking at but you never know. I have had mostly good luck with ebay but not so much with toys. The last "good" deal on toys ended up being a large assortment of lead painted chinese made copies. Other deals have been great. Might take a look at craigslist or possibly allaboardtoys.com bought a few things there. good luck

http://www.allaboardtoys.com/thomas_the ... clearance/

Uncle Bubba said:
Gary, you haven't lived until you've done "a day out with Tomas". it's a live train ride on a passenger train with Thomas pulling the train. Tickets were around $60-70 for the 4 of us and there were about 1500-2000 people there when we went. Someone was making some nice cash on this deal. this doesn't include all the Thoms crap they had for sale.

Yeah Gary...make sure you do this one and think of how miserable Uncle Bubba must have been doing it. I'm sure you'll giggle to yourself...I did. ;)
Check Toys R Us for knock off brands of Thomas. Do not buy a set. Buy a knock off set and buy yhe Thomas stuff by itself piecemeal. The regular Thomas sets are ridiculous. You will pay a ton for the the track but the knock off set track work with Thomas engines too. Plus, he's 2 and won't know it's not a Thomas set....but your wallet will.

My Inlaws to the kids to that...so I dodged a bullet :LOL:

ScottyDaQ said:
Reminds me of standing in line for 2 hours in the high 90's so Brody could get a pic taken of him with SpongeBob at Santa's Villiage in Jefferson, NH. :roll:

Did ya start to melt DaQ :?: :LOL: ;)

Uncle Bubba said:

We did the train ride in Spencer, NC.

http://webpages.charter.net/mortickles/day_out.htm

Here is the picture.

My son has tons of Thomas stuff. There are so many kinds of track. My son likes to go to Baby World or Border's and play with the Thomas table setup both stores have. We have some wood track and blue plastic track. Different Thomas sets don't match...different tracks for different trains. If I did it again I would buy the original type of wooden track...($$$$$). All we ever give him is a train or two for a birthday and maybe some more blue track. We gave him a Lionel train set for Christmas "Lionel Pennsylvania Flyer train set" and he still goes back to Thomas.

http://www.legacystation.com/Lionel_Pen ... er_set.htm

ScottyDaQ said:
Reminds me of standing in line for 2 hours in the high 90's so Brody could get a pic taken of him with SpongeBob at Santa's Villiage in Jefferson, NH. :roll:

You know, SpongeBob is gay. :LOL:

Bruce B said:
ScottyDaQ said:

You know, SpongeBob is gay. :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I knew something was going on there. Didn't he date the TellaTubbies?

Back
Top Bottom