This place sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those things are worthless anyway! The tips melt and bend if you pull many butts. Also, I have found that NO tools are necessary to pull pork. You put heavy rubber gloves on and , "push" it!

Woodman said:
Those things are worthless anyway! The tips melt and bend if you pull many butts. Also, I have found that NO tools are necessary to pull pork. You put heavy rubber gloves on and , "push" it!

I agree Dave, but people that don't cook alot of pork like things like these.

Woodman said:
You put heavy rubber gloves on and , "push" it!
I learned that watching a caterer, who did the job with light foodserver gloves. His fingers must be as callused as a Mexican waiter's -- I use white cotton gloves for insulation inside nitrile gloves. It's so much faster and easier than trying to use any kind of implement.

--John
(I noticed Brian J at a comp using the same cotton-inside-nitrile technique.)

must be talkin about bear claws for pulling pork. Good insulatd gloves for catering or nitrile and cotton for comps. i haven't found a good glove yet that gives you good feel or range of motion and still protects your hands from the heat. You hands can get mighty hot if you're pulling a lot of pork. Done right...takes about 30-45 seconds to pull a butt.

Greg Rempe said:
What happened Larry...did they threaten you or something?

No there was a disconnect in communications, probably more on my end......... Everything is fine...........

Tannehill Kid said:
Man don't tell me it was bear claws because I stopped @ Cabelas yesterday and bought me a pair.

Ive got a pair I use all the time..not neccessarily for pulling meat, but they are good for moving meat...makes a nice set of handles on a hot turkey or butt...Ive pulled with them too..usually use them for a rough pull, then finish with my hands...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom