Thirteen Bean Soup Cajunized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Well yesterday I picked up a bag of Bob's Red Mill 13 Bean Soup Mix( 13 Bean Soup Mix :: Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods )that I thought would make for a nice different kind of soup. We love homemade soup at our house. Today since we had a nice chilly cold front come through yesterday I thought it would make for a good warming the body meal. Now after reading the directions on the bag I felt it needed some Cajunizing so I used smoked sausage and andouille instead of the ham it called for and I may have done a little something else different. I have to say I as well as everyone else here thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll be picking up a couple of more bags this weekend. This just might become a new favorite around here.
Still simmering in the pot
img_255417_0_f2908abd12a35370e71997b1250efbe6.jpg

Tasty bowl of comfort.
img_255417_1_a1cbae6d64e0117c871824de254286e6.jpg

Dang that looks good. Fine job. I am giving up on the one bean thing. Glad there dont seem to be any big green Limas in there..whew. When a person makes bean soup...do they just drink the juice or something? Texicans could be like lost babes wandering in the woods here. Mixing up them beans sounds a little kinky. Could this perhaps violate any Bible precepts such as yoking up oxes and donkeys to plow the same field? I feels a little uncomfortable.

OK, I always thought the 13 (or 15, as the brands change) needed a little something else. I think you got it.
Have to try this, on the stove first then possibly in a Dutch oven with charcoal under and over. Or, maybe the Dutch oven inside a smoker while some meat is cooking.

It looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

BOB

Back
Top Bottom