Thinking about a ceramic???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry Wolfe said:
BBQmmm said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":ncovkgac]
I purchased a custom made offset pit from a very well known pit builder. It was a beautiful, very well made pit that cooked very well. But to be honest with you it didn't cook BBQ any better than my WSM's. I'll put my BBQ cooked in my "toy" as you call the smaller cookers, up against your "Big Manly Stick Burner" anyday. Don't even try to get into a "is this real BBQ or not", because if you wanna start that debate nobody including myself and you are making "Real Traditional BBQ" here.

Well i don't know which offset you had,but if you couldn't make tastier BBQ than a charcoal only WSM then something was definitely wrong,were you burning wood? could you burn wood in the offset?Maybe the offset wasn't thick enough for some serious all wood cooking?

You're probably right, my pit was probably poorly constructed of low grade materials and wouldn't work well with the pressure treated pine wood I was using. What would you suggest I do next time?[/quote:ncovkgac]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love using pressure treated pine it gives the meat a good turpentine flavor.
I dont think I would ever buy ceramic. To much money for too small of a cooking area. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a set it and forget it cooker I would get a stumps or something similar. But I love buring sticks so Ill stick with my gator.
I own a WSM for smaller cooks. I have not smoked any meat on it yet but Ill see in the next month or two if I like it as much as my gator.

Chris

Finney said:
That's Canada.... can't really count it as BBQ. :eek:

Yeah we don't say BBQ around these parts,remember from a young age it was called...."hey park that #&%$@!* canoe and let's cook some meat".... :grin: =D>

Finney said:
zilla said:
This years winner of the Canadian BBQ Championship (Sunday August 6th) won using a Big Green Egg.

Just kidding you crazy Canuuks. I love to kid the Canadians. LOL

You should be here for the annual baby seal clubbing ... tastes like chicken but really tender. Beaver rocks too.

Shawn White said:
Finney said:
zilla said:
This years winner of the Canadian BBQ Championship (Sunday August 6th) won using a Big Green Egg.

You should be here for the annual baby seal clubbing ... tastes like chicken but really tender. Beaver rocks too.
I'm not even going there.... [-X

Shawn White said:
Finney said:
zilla said:

If you go to China they are having the same thing but with dogs...and you don't have to wait, they just "eliminated" 500 + dogs

Yup they do eat dogs in china and korea,why you think our dogs are so obedient over here,deep down they somehow know this.
I say if it's dumb enough to be caught it should be eaten.
I ever mention i tried dog fat?Was sitting in a restaurant and this old man sitting by himself was putting back shots of i thought some kind of liquor,
so i asked..... and he barks!!! so i just had to try some.

One day i want to club and really haul off on one of those itty bitty baby seals, then cook the meat and eat it,,yum yum.

BBQmmm said:
Yup they do eat dogs in china and korea,why you think our dogs are so obedient over here,deep down they somehow know this.
I say if it's dumb enough to be caught it should be eaten.
I ever mention i tried dog fat?Was sitting in a restaurant and this old man sitting by himself was putting back shots of i thought some kind of liquor,
so i asked..... and he barks!!! so i just had to try some.

One day i want to club and really haul off on one of those itty bitty baby seals, then cook the meat and eat it,,yum yum.
The great thing about it is they bleed out while being tenderized at the same time.

I heard about this bleeding out and tenderizing if done properly, :idea: if you really haul off on one hard enough you won't have to gut and clean.

Finney said:
zilla said:

Well the Cedar Grilling team that won GC at the Canadian BBQ Championship in Barrie (Sunday August 6th)is once again,,,,,Canadian! that's ahhhh i forget how many in a row by canadian teams,maybe the US heavy hitter BBQ teams will know?

I'm not kidding you crazy yankees. i love to not kid the Yankees. :D

BBQmmm said:
Finney said:
zilla said:

Well the Cedar Grilling team that won GC at the Canadian BBQ Championship in Barrie (Sunday August 6th)is once again,,,,,Canadian! that's ahhhh i forget how many in a row by canadian teams,maybe the US heavy hitter BBQ teams will know?

I'm not kidding you crazy yankees. i love to not kid the Yankees. :D

Who cares. :dunno:

Any update on the .wav file thing?

Upon looking in the wife's book of shadows, modern day trolls still live under bridges and often make a living working as underwriters in the home loan industry. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom