Thinking about a ceramic???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well my instructions were to split your wood into cooking size pieces the day before your cook and let air,so i'm thinking my instructions of 4 hours ago weren't followed correctly,i'm sure the turds could haver been tastier.
Your welcome.

Shawn White said:
even if cermics were priced the same as WSM we'd still say 'but they can crack'

I'm thinking not all cracks are a real problem anyways. Guys???

I just recommended a primo oval to someone who just had to have a ceramic,the 18" round ceramics are way too small when you consider that 2" all around are pretty much unusable due to the high heat,which makes for a 14" rib cook.

Shawn,
Cracking is not a common event with Ceramics. The Primo Brand, "oval" model is what this hubbub was orignally about. The oval is just that, oval and not the typical egg shape. I speculated that the oval has a design flaw. My Primo round "Egg" has never cracked, nor I have heard of other eggs cracking.

Primo claims since the eggs are so effecient that huge amounts of combustion air are not needed, thus resulting in a moister product without the need of a water pan. I have on occassion put a grillgrate from an ECB on top of the fire ring and then placed an aluminum foil pad on top of the ECB grate to catch grease drips to prevent flare ups when doing butts but have never used a water pan. All with good results.

I've ran it at 500 df for steaks, but usually use it at the 250 mark for smoking. I've successfully maintain temps at the 200 degree range but the vents are nearly shut off which could result in the fire going out if the lump isn't loaded just so.

That is all.

PS: If elected president, I promise an egg in every house and butt in every egg :grin: :eek: :grin: 8-[

This guy's a troll, boys. He feeds off your responses. Look at his response to mine above, and watch what happens now.. You feed him, he lives! :idea: The saddest part is, he's a friend of Uncle Bubba's... #-o

And KlosetBBQ'r is my buddee tooo,when he get's back from his vacation i'm sure he'll give us a full report on the oval Primo he ordered,i'll get him to burn down some mesquite and we'll see wha happenz.

Joker Wrote
This guy's a troll, boys. He feeds off your responses. Look at his response to mine above, and watch what happens now.. You feed him, he lives

If I remember my Norse Mythology, you can turn a Troll into stone by saying the Trolls name aloud in the Trolls presence.

:idea: How do you up load a .wav file and attached it to the "Post Reply" button? :grin:

DATsBBQ said:
Joker Wrote
This guy's a troll, boys. He feeds off your responses. Look at his response to mine above, and watch what happens now.. You feed him, he lives

If I remember my Norse Mythology, you can turn a Troll into stone by saying the Trolls name aloud in the Trolls presence.

:idea: How do you up load a .wav file and attached it to the "Post Reply" button? :grin:
I don't think you can on this type board but Scotty might be able to figure out a way. [-o< Otherwise, you can always post the link. :!:

Here is a thread the proves out my "5 page" theory which state that when a thread gets to 5 pages it is better to lock it then to let it run on!...I can now apply for my Masters in BBQ Forum Administration!! =D> :(

Greg Rempe said:
Here is a thread the proves out my "5 page" theory which state that when a thread gets to 5 pages it is better to lock it then to let it run on!...I can now apply for my Masters in BBQ Forum Administration!! =D> :(
Oh my God! #-o

Greg Rempe said:
I'll regret this but.......I am totally shocked a topic could get to 5 pages :eek:
:!:

Back
Top Bottom