The Weber Carwash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone notice Scotty's middle finger flipping us off in this shadow?? That bastard! :-X

I cleaned my WSM a few weeks ago and the first cook after was interesting. Little leaks all around the middle section and dome. It's nice to have that grease gasket there.

Jeff E said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2pm2v1ol]I cleaned my WSM a few weeks ago and the first cook after was interesting. Little leaks all around the middle section and dome. It's nice to have that grease gasket there.

Thanks Nick, This thread got me started thinking about thoroughly cleaning my WSM. You just gave me a good excuse not to.
Now I just need an excuse not to cut the grass tonight.[/quote:2pm2v1ol]

Next time I'll just wash the lid. It will help keep those little chips from forming and falling off.

The best way to clean your WSM without ruining the "grease gasket" is to pour a fully lit chimney of lit coal in it and let it burn hot for a bit. Especially if you forget to clean it after a butt or brisket cook and you open it up and there's mold formed in it. Then just lightly take the grill brush and brush off any loose flakes. I scrubbed mine with soap and water one time, and it looked real purdy. But like Nick said, had leaks all over.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom