The Next Food Network Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rev.Jr.

Senior Cook
Anybody catch this last night? Some of the contestants were interesting. Thought Bobby Flay was pretty restrained for, well, Bobby Flay. Found it interesting when the VP (?) of FoodTV talked about how Alton Brown got on their network. Said AB sent in a tape unsolicited, they saw it and had to have him. Anyway, not bad viewing considering everything else on there is reruns.

I caught episodes 1 and 2 and 12am and 1am.. Flay did seem half way likeable. Not much of a show, but there was nothing else on at all.

I just saw the preview of episode #3. Some guy named Jim Morgan is gonna be on cooking BBQ.

I'm pretty sure this competition is set up the same as the recent Tournament of Champions on Jeopardy. The competitors on Jeopardy were narrowed down to see who would go against Ken Jennings in a three day tournament. The competitors on Food Network will be narrowed to see who will compete against Jim Morgan in a three day competition involving preparation, presentation and actual tasting by a live (as opposed to dead) studio audience.

Not in the technical sense. However, you will reap the vast rewards that accompany a job well done! That, and the chance to schmooze with your hero...Marc Summers!

ROFL at MarK Summers! I'd like to meet Alton and yes, Emeril. I wouldn't mind getting locked in the freezer with Rachel.

Have you guys noticed that blonde woman who does semi-homemade
cooking? Ever notice she cooks! One fantastic rack of lamb.

Captain Morgan said:
ROFL at MarK Summers! I'd like to meet Alton and yes, Emeril. I wouldn't mind getting locked in the freezer with Rachel.

Have you guys noticed that blonde woman who does semi-homemade
cooking? Ever notice she cooks! One fantastic rack of lamb.

She boils ribs, Captain!

Jane- after visiting your website, I would venture to say YOU would have been the front runner had you become a contestant on that show. Also, I agee with you about Sara Moulton. Not a big fan of hers.

Susan Z said:
Hell's Kitchen is tanking in the ratings. It's not even on the top 50 shows list for last week. (The number one show is Dancing with the Stars---go figure!).

Pretty brutal. Interesting, tho, that alot of those contestants aren't really even food professionals. I guess it's because chef whatzizname said he could make anyone into a master chef in ____ weeks.

What's your beef with Sarah Moulton (formerly known as Sarah Moulton Howe)? Is it her BLANDNESS...!

What's funnier than throwing a couple beers with the angry Brit and then have him call you a Fuc#$r and he tells you that you suck the next day...that's real life!! #-o

I'd like to see a split camera on Hell's Kitchen showing the dining room. Some of the best action on the show has taken place out there. Customers beating up on the Maitre D, customers storming up to the line
only to be told by Gordon to F off or to be called a bimbo!

I wonder if there is a line in Vegas as to when they will be able to get through the night without shutting the Kitchen down and sending everyone home. Hasn't happed yet and each week they have less cooks. Two bit the dust this week!

Back
Top Bottom