The New WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greg Rempe said:
honcho said:
one of my friends have the WSM,,(not the new one) he tells me that has gotten a 10 hr burn,once but most of the time it's about 8 hrs is that right :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: if so I got to get one of those,, I'm older now I need my sleep

Honcho, if he's only getting a 10hr burn then something isn't right...depending on the weather and the wind I usually get 16+hrs hout a full ring of charcoal.

I can get 20 hours out of a burn if the charcol is loaded right.

so were thinking that the new WSM will hold more charcoal for a even longer burn & more meat for even more enjoyment right I'M GETTIN ONE

When y'all say you are getting 10+ hours burn on the WSM, is that straight out of the box or are you using a BBQ Guru gadget to regulate the temps? I am thinking about getting one and was probably gonna wait and get the bigger one.

I don't have a Guru. I just load it up with lump and a few chunks of wood and let it roll. Lots of sleep to be had with a WSM :D I think Scotty has a Guru on his WSM I know Dallas had one on his they may shoot some light on the subject.

I don't know if the bigger WSM will get more of a burn time...you can get more charcoal in one...but I would think it would be offset by the bigger space to heat and the bigger amount of meat in the WSM....

wittdog said:
I don't know if the bigger WSM will get more of a burn time...you can get more charcoal in one...but I would think it would be offset by the bigger space to heat and the bigger amount of meat in the WSM....
I'll bet you're right -- it just seems likely that a bigger version will use more charcoal. It'll be nice if we're wrong. :)

--John

Nick Prochilo said:
I wonder whats up with that ash pan on the bottom?

I read on another site that it is a "grease catcher" to prevent stains to whatever it is sitting on. The "new" old wsm has one too.

dollarbill said:
dledmo said:
I don't have either one, but could anyone compare one to a Backwoods Chubby. Actually, since the new and larger WSM isn't out yet, maybe give some insight. Where will you spend your $400? The big WSM does look pretty badass!

Looks like $300 will get you into one of those. ;) :D

WOOPS! Looks like $400 gets you in, thats the cheapest i could find anyways.

Back
Top Bottom