The Last of a Dying Breed....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can not imagine the memories they are haunted by each and every day of their lives. That last bit about many asking to have their ashes at death interred by the Arizona really touched me. In fact, I really don't know what to say except.....

Thank you, Bruce, for sharing this article and thanks to the military for making the biggest sacrifices of all in the name of freedom.

I don't want to turn this into a big political discussion, but WWII will be the last war anyone can say that we won. This country will not win another war, the "stomach" for it isn't there. THEY were the greatest generation!

I don't remember reading in school about any commission reports telling Roosevelt how to exit Europe and perhaps begin talking to the enemy to enlist their help in getting us out. I'm done.

One of my grandfathers was plucked out of the Sea of Japan and set aside with the other presume dead until he tried to sit up. Had another uncle who was in the Phillipines...he refused to talk about it.

I agree that WWII was the great war. End of comments.

The Pows under the Japanese were treated worse than animals.
I mean worse than some of the Nazi stuff you heard about.
Both my grandfathers fought in WWII. Bruce is right about
the greatest generation...so many men signed up on Dec. 8
and the days that followed. The Pearl Harbor participants and
the men and women who fought are truly heroes.

Apparently , another "dYing" breed, is PEOPLE WHO CAN SPELL!!! Hey, today is also MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Infamy. Infamy!

Woodman said:
Apparently , another "dYing" breed, is PEOPLE WHO CAN SPELL!!! Hey, today is also MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Infamy. Infamy!

Two things, first, you're right I spelled it wrong, gold star on your forehead. I fixed it.

Secondly, never mind.

See, you're all nice guys, wouldn't want to hurt you....so visit the Blue Room for the political disscussion. That is, if ya got the guts... :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom