The friends that I have met here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
are the greatest in the world.

Last night I get a call from Eye Q (my oldest daughter Brady) who said that she cant get her car started. She had put a battery in it like I told her to the day before but the car just wont start. She is upset, I am frustrated trying to analyze what can be wrong over the phone, stuck at work when it comes to me.

Tim (Carolina Q) lives close to there. He and she had met at the comp in Norfolk. Maybe, just maybe he could help out.

I call Tim on the phone. "Tim, this is Bill The Grill Guy. I have a HUGE favor to ask you." With out hesitation, he says "No Problem". I get the two of them on a 3 way call and then I get a fire call. Well, Tim has just enough time to get her phone number and he aranges to be there the next day, TODAY at 11. Well, as I have said in my post title, I have met some great friends from this board.

Brady calls and said that Tim showed up and got her car running. A small problem but a LONG drive for me to have figured it out. It would have been around 3 hours down and 3 hours back to learn that she flooded the car.

Tim, you are great. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

Folks, we have a special network of very talented people here. We range from many different backgrounds and all over this great country and beyond. I am willing to bet that any one of us would do the same if another member here needed a helping hand.

Take advantage of these local contests. Get out there and meet each other. You will make LONG LASTING friendships.

Thanks for all of my BBQ Central friends.

Nice story...(I was going to take a shot at the local guys around here but I figured you needed your moment ;) )

Three cheers for Tim. Shows there is still some nice folks out in the big old krewlish world. Actually think they be in the majority if somebody could devise a mechanism to test em. Maybe we could come up with some fictious scenarios and see who responds appropriately. Maybe somebody who lives near Bill's fire station could call up on 911 and pretend to have a cat stuck up in a tree. See if he come over and knock it outta there. Now cops do that kinda stuff on a regular basis so it wouldnt be a good test for a cop. Have to come up with something else on that. Just thinking out loud of course. Maybe we could vote on it?

bigwheel

You're a good man Tim (Carolina Q)...!!! I bet you would help anyone anytime too... :D

yeah, I met a guy on this board who stopped by another board
member's place and got me a jacket for big big black kettle, and
brought it all the way down from Virginia to me at no charge,
saving me big bucks on shipping!

I like the members I have met from here for sure then again I've met dozens of nice folks I met online.

I'm still hoping to meet up with Tim on my way home Saturday so t's cool to know he's a nice guy and not a Hitman hired by the Yankee members.
:roll:

lol!!!

EyeQ is such a nice young lady I'm glad he could help her.

Bravo Tim!
peace

Bill,

You and Eye Q are more than welcome. I was just glad that I was able to move enough stuff in my schedule to get over there to help her.

I was even happier that it ended up being a small problem.

Please let me know if she has any other trouble with it.

Tim

bigwheel said:
Three cheers for Tim. Shows there is still some nice folks out in the big old krewlish world. Actually think they be in the majority if somebody could devise a mechanism to test em. Maybe we could come up with some fictious scenarios and see who responds appropriately. Maybe somebody who lives near Bill's fire station could call up on 911 and pretend to have a cat stuck up in a tree. See if he come over and knock it outta there. Now cops do that kinda stuff on a regular basis so it wouldnt be a good test for a cop. Have to come up with something else on that. Just thinking out loud of course. Maybe we could vote on it?

bigwheel

Maybe like a stick up in the bagel store! :LOL: Just thinking to myself here! :LOL:

Well a simple unlocked door found after closing at the local Krispy Kream should work for cops.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom