The Boston Butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack W.

Sous Chef
I read a post here where Mr. Chris Finney informed me that the phrase Boston Butt orginated from shipping containers. I had heard it in meat cutters terms crediting the origin of the butt end and equating it to the butt and shank of the hind leg. I bow to the master. :)

http://www.ochef.com/877.htm

Good Q!

Jack

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
The BIG question still remains, And will till the end of time. "What is barbecue? and where did it come from?" :)

Mighty fine eatin. and

My back yard on a off weekend.

:grin: :D :) =D>

Pigs,

Here's a definition and an interesting recipe to go with it. :sham: :eek:

barbecue [West Indian or South American], in the United States, traditionally an open-air gathering, political or social, in which meats are roasted whole over a pit of embers and food and drink are liberally enjoyed. The term barbecue also refers to the meat being roasted. In the modern barbecue smaller cuts of meat are dipped in or basted with a highly seasoned sauce. The type of meat and style of sauces reflect regional tastes. For example, in the United States, pork with a vinegar-based sauce is favored in the South, and highly spiced beef barbecue predominates in the Southwest. The term “barbecueâ€

I hear you Tex and I would try it. SOME people around these parts think that Manwich is good BBQ. They are still waiting for the McRib sandwich to make a comeback and I bet you that there is some kind of head in the McRib. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom