The Annual Spring Hot Dog Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought this might be better off here that a new post about mustard I've never had. I just found this stuff recently. I haven't bought any yet but I love their beer. Anybody know about it?
img_185591_0_3345e61f25b7c0900d7a1e2f24c80a70.jpg

That Porter moostard looks good. I visit the Sierra Nevada brewing company monthly.. they have a great restaurant there at the brewery in Chico, CA. You can try all their beer in these little taster glasses. My favorite right now is the Wheat Beer. Yum!

and I thought i was hungry after seein that first pic....but that chili dog is killin me! might be a chili dog breakfast today......perfect for a snowy day! :P :D

I like them three ways:
1. Mustard and cole slaw.
2. Mustard, onions, and chili*.
3. Mustard and sauerkraut.

*Real chili, not that watery "hot dog chili sauce" that is mostly water and beef fat.

Pigs, I enjoy the white hots (and an occasional red hot) every year when we ride up to the Finger Lakes Rally, Labor Day weekend at Watkins Glen.

I don't seek out chili dogs, but I'll eat 'em when they're offered. I like dogs, brats, and similar sausages with Dusseldorf style mustard and chopped onion.

--John
(Come to think of it, I'll eat most food when it's offered. :D )

Unity said:
Pigs, I enjoy the white hots (and an occasional red hot) every year when we ride up to the Finger Lakes Rally, Labor Day weekend at Watkins Glen.

I don't seek out chili dogs, but I'll eat 'em when they're offered. I like dogs, brats, and similar sausages with Dusseldorf style mustard and chopped onion.

--John
(Come to think of it, I'll eat most food when it's offered. :D )
That's a new one to me. Never heard of it.

Puff said:
Unity said:
Dusseldorf style mustard
That's a new one to me. Never heard of it.
Oh, it's good stuff! You may know it as German mustard or brown mustard. It has a strong mustard taste, some heat, and a good aftertaste. The kind I'm using now, one I like a lot, is made by Koop's in Wisconsin.

998_1690_large.jpg

Another one I like a lot (not a Dusseldorf mustard) is Silver Spring Beer 'n Brat mustard with horseradish.

1664_1392_large.jpg

--John
(If you followed the links, you figured out that I like to buy mustard from The Mustard Museum, a unique establishment not far from Madison WI. The guy who runs it is a little weird, but who isn't? ;) )

Back
Top Bottom