Thank you all very much

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Since getting started on BBQing one and a half years ago between this and another forum (www.bbqtalk.ca) I have learned lots and lots with still more to go. I also have to give a huge amount of thanks to my friend Peter (www.greatbbq.ca) who also answered a ton of questions.

Thanks to all the tips and recipes and help I have received I got through an important day very easily.

Yesterday was my sons baptism day. We had 70 people over for dinner after the ceremony. I cooked it all myself. Now for allof you that would probably be a piece of cake but i am still new at this.

Everything got devoured literally. Very little meat was left. I did buy too many buns but that was ok.

Here was the menu

Rice Pilaf
BBQ pulled pork
BBQ pulled/chopped brisket
BBQ sliced brisket
BBQ ribs
Chili with a bit of chipotle heat (have to take it easy on people)
Stuffed Jalapenos (ABT's) (these were gone in flash all 75 of them)
Greek Pasta Salad lots of black olives and feta!
Coleslaw with raisins and my own sauce
Caesar salad with homemade foccacia croutons
Stuffed Phyllo cups with spinach and cream cheese
Mini Quiches with broccoli and cheese
Vegetable platters with a nice onion dip
Cheese platters with crackers and garlic bagel chips
Chicken Satays from the Grill
Buttery roasted double corn cornbread
Kaiser rolls
Hotdogs for the kids
Jalapeno, Cheddar & Regular Kettle chips
nuts, pretzels etc

Lots and lots of different wines and of course beer.

We had two cakes for dessert an Italian layered pastry and cream cake (still my fave) that came from Toronto and a two layer huge cream cheese frosted carrot cake (I made) plus a couple of fruit platters.

Coffee tea Turkish coffee

Here is a picture of myself and my 10month old son Gabriel
img_92783_0_4a711e8113217ab3ca2ac61ba7911b15.jpg

And also my wonderful husband. Also known as the taste tester in our house. He used to be about 50 lbs lighter. It is truly all my fault. I like to cook too much.
img_92783_1_f97c318d5fe2ff8c36908d7afe99b030.jpg

So a huge amount of thanks to all of you for answering my questions and for the many posts that made it an easy day for me.

That's one heckuva menu dear, I'm sure your guests were impressed. I am, and I wasn't there. Great job!!!!

Man! THat is quite an accomplishment!!! What a varied menu! Plus, you had to do all the "other" stuff associated with such an event! GREAT JOB!!!! Thank you for sharing! Woody

Wow girl, I am speechless! That is one awesome menu! Great job! I can't imagine cooking all that big spread!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom