Thank you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
I want to thank each and every one of you for your replies. I did use your advice on my advice needed thread. The main issues I had were smoking the salmon. I filleted it which was my first time doing this to a fish. lol I didn't use the brine because I simply didn't have time and didn't have all the correct ingredients. I did copy the recipe to my own cookbook so I can use it the next time when I have more time and can buy the things I need. Chris, I want to try your idea as well but I have to find that seasoning around here...not sure if that's going to be possible.

I do not want any of you to think I don't appreciate the advice you've given me. As I learn and grow in this hobby, I am sure I'll use more and more of the advice given. If it wasn't for bbq4u, we wouldn't even have a smoker right now much less be cooking edible food. I don't grill for good reason, I burn everything but I am really enjoying learning to smoke. I have a bad habit of taking the advice I'm given and adjusting it to fit my needs. I'm learning that doesn't alway work so well. lol My food did turn out pretty good and for that, I thank you all for the knowledge you've share. Please keep it coming! I don't always comment in different threads because I don't have a lot to offer other than it looks good or I might try it in future. I don't really have a lot of experience to share. Yesterday was my first real cook without any help from Les. He was at work until he came home and caused me problems with my cook. :x Anyway, happy cooking to you all!

allie said:
I want to thank each and every one of you for your replies. I did use your advice on my advice needed thread. The main issues I had were smoking the salmon. I filleted it which was my first time doing this to a fish. lol I didn't use the brine because I simply didn't have time and didn't have all the correct ingredients. I did copy the recipe to my own cookbook so I can use it the next time when I have more time and can buy the things I need. Chris, I want to try your idea as well but I have to find that seasoning around here...not sure if that's going to be possible.

I do not want any of you to think I don't appreciate the advice you've given me. As I learn and grow in this hobby, I am sure I'll use more and more of the advice given. If it wasn't for bbq4u, we wouldn't even have a smoker right now much less be cooking edible food. I don't grill for good reason, I burn everything but I am really enjoying learning to smoke. I have a bad habit of taking the advice I'm given and adjusting it to fit my needs. I'm learning that doesn't alway work so well. lol My food did turn out pretty good and for that, I thank you all for the knowledge you've share. Please keep it coming! I don't always comment in different threads because I don't have a lot to offer other than it looks good or I might try it in future. I don't really have a lot of experience to share. Yesterday was my first real cook without any help from Les. He was at work until he came home and caused me problems with my cook. :x Anyway, happy cooking to you all!

That's what we're (or some of us) are here for. Provide info that you can use to make your hobby more enjoyable, not only for you but for the friends and family that get to enjoy your cooks. Hope you have many more great cooks to come!!

Chris, how long did it take you to type that sdrawkcab? LOL That would have taken me forever!

Back
Top Bottom