TGIF - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2005, 10:44 PM   #1

Not me..But I thought about gettin' the gasser out for some :-k chicken or red meat.....

:faint:
Old 03-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
Cooker

Not sure. Thinking about ribs. don't have to decide for a while yet.

Old 03-12-2005, 06:30 AM   #3
BBQ Centralite

I'm cutting wood (standing cherry and apple) over in Ashtabula County near the Pa. border at a friend's house today. Should yield several cords that won't be usable till next winter. Takin some to Tejas in April , when I pick up my pit to trade with Redneck for some pecan. After we're done cutting were having smoked duck and andouille gumbo, and the last of last seasons Lake Erie yellow perch fried with taters.I don't know if any of you have ever had yellow perch, but it is the sweetest , most wonderful little 10-14" fishy you ever ate! The limit is 30/person and you can limit out quick on Lake Erie! These particular fish were caught last July 20. We had 6 guys on a charter (customers). We got over a school of em and had 180 fish in 90 minutes!! Poor guys couldn't take em home on the plane so my boss and I had to keep em all!! I ended up with about 50 lbs of perch!!! (They go for about $14.00/lb here!-good value!) Woody
Old 03-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #4
Official BBQ Central Mark

Well, Im gonna hide this question in here to possably avoid some abuse. Im doing ribs on Sunday and after the briscott fiasco a few weeks ago, Im not doing them in the smoker. With the temps in the 20's its to much of a battle, so Id like to do them in the oven, then throw them over charcol to brown them and give them a little flavor. Im going to do them the way I used to do baby backs before the smoker which is...

1. lightly sauce ribs (with home made sauce of course)
2. wrap in foil
3. bake at 250 for about 3 hours
4. sauce again and grill over charcol

Ill be doing spare ribs Sunday, so I hope this will translate ok. Anyone have any other ideas on doing ribs inside.....
john pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #5

Don't blame you going inside with temps in the 20s. Sounds like a good plan. Throw some chips over the coals for a little smoke...I'm surprised how well that works on my kettle. Don't know how long you plan to have them over charcoal..you going direct?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
BBQ Centralite

I boil em for 6 hours and serve!! nothin like nice white ribs!
Old 03-12-2005, 11:13 AM   #7
Web Celeb

I have done 1 slab in the oven for test sake...220* in the oven...unfoiled for 2 hrs then foiled for an hour then glazed w/ sauce and turned the heat way up.

Not bad...but no smoke flavor at all!!
Old 03-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
Don't blame you going inside with temps in the 20s. Sounds like a good plan. Throw some chips over the coals for a little smoke...I'm surprised how well that works on my kettle. Don't know how long you plan to have them over charcoal..you going direct?
Ill be going direct just long enough to "burn" the tips..Ill be using charcol with Hicory thrown in.

Ive never boiled ribs. After you boil them do you grill or broil them ? Do you eat them that way with sauce ?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:28 AM   #9
BBQ Centralite

Why would I do that Glen????? I boil the steaks too! MMMM prime boiled waygu beef!!!!! :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
Old 03-12-2005, 11:45 AM   #10

That method I spoke of earlier came from "Secret recipes" is supposedly from Tony Roma's. It does work good, but everybody always asks if the ribs were boiled. I dont think I could bring myself to do it though...