Texas BBQ Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gator1

Senior Cook
(this message was ok-ed by Greg).

Hi folks, this should give you a chuckle. I launched a BBQ Forum today, www.texasbbqforum.com . There are a lot of reasons behind this but primarily to provide an alternative to the biggies out there. No disrespect, they are great, but they limit how a guy like me can participate. Being a start-up, its tough to get your message out there on the big forums. So if'n you cant join 'em, beat 'em! :D

Greg has a great thing going here and I hope to duplicate his success + work with BBQ-4-U in a cooperative way. I tried to set up forum rooms that reflect what people love to talk without trying to be too big.

Everyone is welcome (it aint just for Texans).

Thanks for everyones support here - I will continue to participate as long as I'm welcome. You guys have been great in the short time I have been here.

Gator

Good Luck with the project :D its difficult to get em rolling.
Main thing is to find a couple of folks that will be there regular
so your not talking to yourself :D

I am sure you understand the "limits" that are placed on competing vendors in the "biggies" again Good Luck

By the way Greg You really should get a award for being a Ambassador
of Internet BBQ Forums

Hey, it's their forum to sell their product. You gotta play by their rules. If you just want to participate, join under a different name and just talk BBQ. You don't see Ritchie Robin posting on Dave Klose's forum, nor visa versa. If you have ANY agenda to promote your product there, you should be booted. You are right about this forum, it is a great "non-denominational" place to talk and hawk your stuff. Just tellin it like I see it!

Hi guys,

I appreciate 'yall a lot.

Dont get me wrong, I aint whinnig about the big guys, I'm trying my best to be like them! I respect the way they run their forums and hope I can duplicate their success beacuse right now I am not even on the same radar as them. I hope there is enough room for me too.

:D

Gator

Good luck with your forum.

Might want to check to see if there is a problem with the board. I joined up but can't log in. Might be tough to get the forum going if members can't log in!

So far the total post count for the forum is 1 and holding!

Good luck!

Kloset BBQR said:

Might want to check to see if there is a problem with the board. I joined up but can't log in. Might be tough to get the forum going if members can't log in!

Good luck!

Working for me now!

DATsBBQ said:
Kloset BBQR said:

Good luck!

Working for me now!

Still AWOL for me! Did you get a confirmation email. I think the moderator is asleep at the wheel. Not a good sign!

Kloset BBQR said:
DATsBBQ said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":24d5co74]Good luck with your forum.

Good luck!

Working for me now!

Still AWOL for me! Did you get a confirmation email. I think the moderator is asleep at the wheel. Not a good sign![/quote:24d5co74]

Kloset, check your spam folder -that's where I found my activation email.

Thanks DAT, mine was in there too! And as an added bonus by checking my spam folder I found out that there were some young sexy black chicks in my area wanting to meet me! :oops:

hey aaron, I just tried sending you an email - did you get it?

Also I activated you manually - should work now.

Gator

Back
Top Bottom