Terri Schiavo has died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
She's better off now, but it is truely said. In America a murderer/rapist can be put to death with more compassion via leathal injection rather than being starved/dehydrated to death as this poor woman did.

I agree Larry, But Did she die of natural causes? Is leathl injection murder? That's where the debate is. The only people who made out on this deal is the blood sucking lawyers. And it's not over by a long shot!

LudiChris said:
I agree Larry, But Did she die of natural causes? Is leathl injection murder? That's where the debate is. The only people who made out on this deal is the blood sucking lawyers. And it's not over by a long shot!

She died when her organs shut down due to starvation/dehydration. Leathal injection and starving a person to death IMHO are both murder, but.................leathal injection is humane. You get a shot you go to sleep. When you starve to death you suffer and die a slow death. She could not even have a damp rag run across her lips to provide any comfort because her mouth was parched. If someone would have been caught they would have gone to jail. Is that a crock of crap or what. This was a human being that our Judicial system just some how leagally MURDERED!

This woman was ALIVE breathing on her own, so either way is murder regardless of whether she was in a vegetated state or not. Regardless whether she had absolutely no quality of life whatsoever, SHE WAS A HUMAN BEING with a heartbeat. If she'd been on a ventilator then she would have been being kept alive "artificially" and pulling the plug would not have been murder because she was unable to breathe on her own.

These SOB's said she was not suffering. How in the hell do they know??

God Bless Terry Shiavo's family and may she rest in peace.

Raine said:
From what I understand leathal injection is not humane. It is kinda violent.
Raines absolutely right. The 1st of the 3 injuctions stops breathing, the 2nd stops the heart, so you're suffocating for a period of time...Not a good way to go IMO.

No way is a good way to die. But dying in a matter of minutes violently or not, compared starving for 13 DAY's. You take your pick, I know which one I'd pick!

Raine said:
Giving morphine will help the shutting down of systems, and they just basically OD.

That is waht we did in my brother's case. He too was like Terri. A vegetable, with no chance of recovery. We stopped all treatments and pumped the morphine to him.

It was only 24 hours.

That is the way to go! Pain free and fast!

You guys are totally depressing me. My mother is recovering from lung and throat cancer and my father has emphysema. Both are heavy smokers and refuse to give it up. They do not realize what they are putting the ones that them through watching them slowly die.

It's sad that so many people got hurt over this....my main concern is her family and her husband. I didn't follow the story that close, but I think there were some that thought the husband was not doing the right thing.
It's gotta be tough to make that decision.

My prayers will now be for her family. I don't have a side on this, but it's hard to believe we let a person die that way. I think Raine was right...shoot her full of morphine. No winners in that story.

It just plain SUCKS! No matter which way you thought in the end it sucks! I hope I'm never in that position to make that decision for somebody I care about.

Tex, seems I saw something in the news that said living wills need to be
certified or whatever by a govt. agency? Hire a lawyer to make it legal?
Do you know?

My understanding is that only a Notary Republic is needed to validate/certify a living will but that an attorney is highly recommended with wording, etc... TexLaw, what's the word??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom