Tel-Tru Thermometers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Wolfe Rub BBQ Seasonings is going to stock Tel-Tru Thermometers soon. We would like to know what model our customers would most prefer. Please take a minute and view THESE and then vote in the poll which BQ300 model you would choose if you were in the market for a new thermometer. Thanks!

I've got Tel-Tru BQ300(s) on my WSMs and like them. I've got the "glow" one and non-glow (white w/zones). I like the glow one better for the 'cool' factor. And you don't need a flashlight to read it in the dark.

I also mounted a BQ250 (750* max) on my OTG.

They all work great.

Wish they had more than 4" stem though. With a 30" dia. pit, I'd like to get more into the middle of the pit...there is a difference.

I know I teed this up for someone but let's try to keep it on topic. :LOL:

Uncle Bubba said:
Wish they had more than 4" stem though. With a 30" dia. pit, I'd like to get more into the middle of the pit...there is a difference.

:roll:

Uncle Bubba said:

Stem size is important.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If you're talking about a thermometer stuck through the top vent, I'm so accustomed to my WARNING HOT thermometer I'd probably go with the 2" plain dial with 300° at the top. I can tell at a glance from a distance if the cooker is in the ball-park range.

--John

BQ300

I ordered the black BQ300 with the 2-1/2” stem. I chose black because I thought it would look great on the WSM and my thinking on the 2-1/2” stem is it wont hit the food.

My preference would be 3" dial, white with black print, I don't care if there are zones or not. At least 4" stem, preferably 6" (I would not be mounting it in the lid). Their GT300R with a 50-500 degree range would probably be the ideal model, but I suspect it's more expensive than I'd be willing to pay (being an industrial model).

:LOL:[/quote]
I hear that. :LOL: George and Johnny stop by here now and then also. Aint seen Old Granddad in a while though. That may be a good thing. ;)[/quote]

Old grandad and I don't get along to well I always end up in the doghouse the next week ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom