Tanights supper!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh man..sounds good. Cept I aint never had no Squaw Bread but think I heard of it. Betcha it good. Now you are making one gastronomical foo poo on the deal..by offering two different meat dishes. Hope you don't mind if I send a copy of this off to Emeril so he wrote back and chew your coola out personally. You obviously aint from Texas are ya? :LOL: Thanks.

bigwheel

Well the chilli got a fair mount a beef an pork in it, but, I like my meat! Got smoked chuck justa sittin there in the ice box, so, heck with it, I'm eatin chuck an chilli! Emeril be da mend!

Nope ain't from texas. Iowa, home a the pork farms, an I can't buy a pork belly anywhere in a 45 mile radius a me!

Well Hillybilly my pal..don't take all this picture taking stuff serious. I mean anybody in the right mind know it aint feasible to cook and take pics too. Person liable to drip some hawg fat into the camera which cost mucho dinero etc. I see where your going here and got to agree with ya. Woops..just dawned on me where the gray spot on the chuck come from. Lens got hit with a little dollop of grease no doubt. That splains it perfectly. Thanks.

bigwheel

Alright! Shhesh, now momma thins I've completly lost my mind, takin picutures a chilli!

img_177501_0_0fc8e5efe958701e90ea71b7a52a7fdd.jpg

Here's my Hillbilly Chilli.

img_177501_1_029ba99e653aa614f0027373eecff16c.jpg

An the squaw bread.

I make the squaw bread in my bread machine

5/8 Cup Milk
5/8 Cup water
2 Tbs Oil
2 Tbs Molases
2 Tbs Brown Sugar
1 1/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 C Bread Flour
3/4 C Rye Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 Tsp Bread Machine Yeast

Makes a 2 pound loaf an use the light crust settin.

Mighty fine Hillbilly!
Most of our families have gotten over the fact we take pics of our food. :shock:
Give Mama some time. She'll get used to it.
;)

Puff said:
Most of our families have gotten over the fact we take pics of our food. :shock:
Give Mama some time. She'll get used to it.
;)
Heck, Jody's doing it now. She shot the sequence I posted of the frittata being frittated. :LOL:

--John
(When you pull the camera out in a fancy restaurant without even being self-conscious about it, you'll know you're fully initiated. ;))

Thanks for the pics HB. The chili looked great. Like Puff said they soon get used to taking pics of food, it doesn't take long. I thought the bread was going to be fried. Why do you call it "squaw" bread. I need to be careful here, my brother married an Athabaskan woman and my wife's brother married an Aleut woman. If I used that word around family I'd get my butt kicked, figuratively, and probably literally.

Thats what the recipe was called when I found it, so don't xactly know why it's called that. Sure is good though.

Oh, momma seen me take pictures fore, just worndered why of chilli, well the fellers wanna see it, so click.

This room sure is nice, warm cozy an safe, paddin all over it? Food stinks though, all been run through a blender, they won't give me nothin sharp er made a metal!

Thanks for the bread recipe, I'll try to make some this weekend!!
I think you need to send the rest of that chili over here for quality control tasting.......PLEASE!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom