Tamales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
I made tamales for the first time today. Made chicken with salsa verde ( my favorite ones), pork tamales and beef tamales both in red sauce. Made 10 dozen, cooked 5 dozen and froze the rest.

just done cooking
img_209601_0_52860c62169964f34bc4eafad9ba80c6.jpg

One of the beef tamales
img_209601_1_12fd598474c74f8a5b15a49f465e256f.jpg

Invited family over. After the feeding frenzy and everybody took about a half a dozen home
img_209601_2_345d99dd184ebc93ad7784c2baaa4c3c.jpg

Dude, those rock big time.. I am a Tamale judge down here in Texas.. You hit A HOME RUN!!!

Yeppers am a tamale exspurt too and them are surely grand prize winners. Sure wish I was not such a lazy boy or I would make some. Last time I tried it would guess it took about 24 man hours of solid work over the course of two days to birth them puppies. I took a vow at that time when I got tamale hongry I would go buy some. Local Veterian was down in Cottula or somewhere real deep in S. Texas at some kind of street feastival chowing down on some of the best ho made tamales he ever ate when he hit a toenail. Being a vet he knows about stuff like that and he say it was either a toe nail from a coyote or a dawg. They apparently got similar toenails. In light of the above mentioned episode it might be prudent to think about throwing a little pooch meat in your next batch. You could call them Tamales El Que Pierro. Thats texmex for dawg I think:)

bigwheel

Think any in the DFW area might try Uncle Julios for some fair to middlin tamales. Now dont order the enchiladas unless they be the chicken version. For some reason most Mexican restaurants find it harder to mess up chicken enchiladas than the Real McCoy which be cheese an onyawn of course.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom