Table top fryers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I watched one of them infomercials for Wolf Gang Puck's fryer and it sure looked like it had all the bells and whistles and I was just on the verge of recommending that one...but fortunantly I did a Google search thang and read some reviews and looks it purty crappy despite the infomercial appeal. So glad that one aint on your short list. Guess the best deep frying artist I ever knew was an old game warden chum. He used a coleman camp stove and a stew pot. When the grease get cooled down some he strain it through the crotch section of used panty hose and put it back in the jug. When he run short of grease he just buy another jug to add to it..top it off so to speak. Course you cooking indoors all you need is a stove burner. That should work.

bigwheel

Chris I have the delonghi one and its ok..really easy to clean and holds heat about like you would expect...meaning its not cast iron, but its simple and has lasted for quite a few years. i change the oil anytime it looks or smells like it needs it, or if its gonna sit for a while I go ahead and empty it, In the price range its pretty much a crapshoot, they all have about the same element, just depends on how well they are insulated.

We got a Euro Pro. Holds temps pretty good. Easy to clean. I do use it on top of a cookie sheet in case of accidental overfill (happened once, ain't cleaning that mess up again ;) )

America's Test Kitchen has done a couple of comparison tests on electric deep fryers; my wife mentioned seeing one on tv just a day or two ago. I went online and found two articles, which I copied. I'll send you the text in a private message.

I had one of those 37 dollor prestos..used it once and its in my basement with a broken handle...wouldn't recomend it..

Went and read some user reviews on the Waring from the original URL posted. Had some folks bad mouthing it purty heavy.

bigwheel

A.B. used the EuroPro that I have in one of his shows on fryers. He liked it and I have had no problems with mine (other than operator headspace). It's easy to clean and controls temps very well. Don't remember how high the temp goes.

Ok stick with the stewpot and the stove top buner. Dont forget to filter the grease through the used panty hose.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Ok stick with the stewpot and the stove top buner. Dont forget to filter the grease through the used panty hose.

bigwheel

Part of me wants to know which side up, but that'd be TMI :shock: :x

Back
Top Bottom