T K's Crawfish Boil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
Had our first crawfish boil of the year. We boiled 70+ pounds of crawfish and they were on the small side. Made one pot that was mild and one spicey. Most people like the spicy but not to hot. Use two 60 quart pots filling them a little over half full of water. Then add the to each pot 3 squezzed lemons, 2 whole onions, 16oz Zatarain's concentrated shrimp and crab boil,Loiusiana powder crab boil. Then for the spicey add about half again of the concentrate and powder. In the mild pot put the potatoes and let them boil for ten minutes and then add corn,sausage and mushrooms and let boil for another ten minutes or until potatoes are done. When boiling the crawfish I bring the water to a boil then add the crawfish and when they come back to a boil let them go about 4-5 minutes and dump them in a ice chest and sprinkle Tony Chachere's creole seasoning on them pretty liberal. This is how I do it and has worked pretty darn good for over 30 years.

Here we are purging the crawfish with salty water

These are the items we put in the water and cooked

This is the crawfish boiling

This is the potatoes corn sausage and mushrooms

This is my cooker with two 60 quart pots

Pictures of the family and friends

The first of several platters for me

And Vador after a hard day of cooking

Very nice set-up you have there TH.. What brand are those pots? Thanks for shaing the photos and recipe.. Looks like yall had good weather too.... See ya later,

SS

Thats the way to do it THK looks great. I end up eatin more veggies than the CF.

& drinkin more beer than water in pots

Nick Prochilo said:
That was great. Wish I could get those around here. 70+ pounds and you feed about 10 people?

7lbs per cajun or 5lbs per for other folk. Really, that the general rule.

BTW THK is purging the CF in clean salted water . This helps clean em inside & out, but don't do that with shrimp or crab, just rinse em.

surfinsapo said:
Very nice set-up you have there TH.. What brand are those pots? Thanks for shaing the photos and recipe.. Looks like yall had good weather too.... See ya later,

SS
SS the pot on the right is about 40 years old. It was my dads. I bought the one the left about 5 years ago at Lowes. It was about 60 bucks with the basket.

Tannehill Kid said:
surfinsapo said:

SS
SS the pot on the right is about 40 years old. It was my dads. I bought the one the left about 5 years ago at Lowes. It was about 60 bucks with the basket.

Thanks.. good job again!!!! :D

Rag said:
Man that looks good. How come no one has coats on??? Shorts???
It was about 80 degrees whem we started cooking. Then that little front came thru and the temp dropped to the mid 60's around dark.

Had a few crawfish left over and will be making a gumbo, creole or a fettucine for supper one night this week. Or if yall have any suggestions let me know what they are. I'm always open for new ideas.

Mud Bugs!!!!

Ah, suckin' head and eatin' tail!!!!!

Nice job. Thanks for the pics!!

The best part is sucking the green and yellow brain matter out of their little heads after you pull off the tail. That's where ALL the flavor is.
Grosses people out when that brain juice runs down your chin!!!

Hey, who cares.

We are going to have a Low Country Boil soon. Do them every year at least once.
Best meal ever!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom