Sushi Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigGQ

Sous Chef
I am a big sushi fan. Here is a pic of the best sushi I have ever eaten. It was at real cool place names Saparros in Scottsdale, AZ.

The Toro was the best I ever had. The Sock-eye Salmon and the Escolar were really good too.

Had some Kobe beef too. (not in the pic)

Poke salad!!!!!!!!

That sushi place in the Scottsdale mall isn't bad either...just can't remember the name.

That looks like sashimi to me. Sushi has rice under it. But it looks real good. We've got some great sushi joints here in Anchorage.

Griff

well I like sushi, cause the rice is seasoned, and it's fun to dip it in
the soy and wasabi, but sashimi lets you really enjoy the flavor of
the fish. sushi is more filling of course, and the problem is, my sashimi
budget is more in line with sushi!

Griff said:
That looks like sashimi to me. Sushi has rice under it.
Griff

Your right, Griff, it is sashimi. :^o Was using the generic term too loosely. Kinda like using BBQ as a verb, when it is really a noun. IMHO

At local Chinese restaurants, they have sushi on the buffets. I'm not sure if it has the fish or eel or anything like that as I think there are health department regulations on serving raw fish. They label it as sushi on the buffet. It's rice with veggies and other stuff wrapped in seaweed. Whatever it is, I love it! I really like the slices of ginger and wasabi. Les always laughs because I sit there eating the stuff with my eyes watering.

allie said:
At local Chinese restaurants, they have sushi on the buffets. I'm not sure if it has the fish or eel or anything like that as I think there are health department regulations on serving raw fish. They label it as sushi on the buffet. It's rice with veggies and other stuff wrapped in seaweed. Whatever it is, I love it! I really like the slices of ginger and wasabi. Les always laughs because I sit there eating the stuff with my eyes watering.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you are referring to are really California rolls and not real sushi/sashimi.

I really have no clue, Larry. I just know that I love it and even crave it at times. That may very well be what it is, I was supposed to get a free recipe book in the mail with California Sushi recipes but it never came. It probably would have clarified things a bit for me.

allie said:
I really have no clue, Larry. I just know that I love it and even crave it at times. That may very well be what it is, I was supposed to get a free recipe book in the mail with California Sushi recipes but it never came. It probably would have clarified things a bit for me.

Check this out Allie. California Rolls

Yes, that is it! Thank you Larry! I've always known it wasn't actual sushi but had no clue what to really call it. I do love seafood and stuff like that so maybe one day I'll get to try some real sushi.

I love Sushi. Since I have moved to Columbus, Ohio and stopped travelling I can't get good Sushi!

Back
Top Bottom