Supper Bowl menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
Ok, Nick kinda got this rolling with his question about sides for his main dishes. Couple years ago i did appetizers and really enjoyed them. I may do that again this year. Ribs maybe, some kind of a stew, wangs, not sure what to do. What are yours gonna be?

First half we do abt's, wings, fatties, pigs in a blanket and chili. Half time will be the ribs, taco stuffed shells, one or two of the salads that everybody posted and some bread. For dessert, I'll probably just have some Blanton's on the rocks!

I dont see why anybody get in a feastive mood on the super bowl deal..since the Cowboys aint in it. They have the purtiest cheer leaders in case aint nobody noticed. Guess I will have a can of sardines or some beanie weenies etc. Hey Nick I bet you could be a Cowboy Cheerleader. They would like your top half. Now aint sure on the bottom. Usually the large home growed breastes ladies do not come equipped with a tolerable coola. Hope you have not been thusly afflicted.

bigwheel said:
I dont see why anybody get in a feastive mood on the super bowl deal..since the Cowboys aint in it. They have the purtiest cheer leaders in case aint nobody noticed. Guess I will have a can of sardines or some beanie weenies etc. Hey Nick I bet you could be a Cowboy Cheerleader. They would like your top half. Now aint sure on the bottom. Usually the large home growed breastes ladies do not come equipped with a tolerable coola. Hope you have not been thusly afflicted.

Ahhh Jeff, while I do hate the Cowgirls, their cheerleaders are hands down the finest!

I use to host a before the Super Bowl party every year...that was back when
I had friends....everyone loves grabbing a rib and standing around...ABT's are
always a big hit. I'd have a crockpot full of soup or chili, a pot of cheese dip
with browned crumbled sausage and chips for dipping, collard and ham egg rolls
are easy to eat while standing around too. Sometimes I'd slice and brown some kielbasa
and brush them with Texas pepper jelly, lay them on a platter with toothpicks...they always
went faster than I thought they would.

just saw this...haven't made it yet...but will soon

Mini Buffalo Chicken Balls

From “The Meatball Shop Cookbook,” by Daniel Holzman and Michael Chernow (Ballantine Books, 2011).

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter

1/3 cup pepper sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot or Texas Pete

1 pound ground chicken, preferably thigh meat

1 large egg

1/2 celery stalk, minced (about 1/2 cup)

3/4 cup bread crumbs (see note)

Blue Cheese Dressing (see recipe)

PREHEAT the oven to 450 degrees. Drizzle the oil into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and use your hand (or a brush) to evenly coat the entire surface.

COMBINE the butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan and cook over low heat, whisking until the butter is melted and fully mixed. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.

COMBINE the hot sauce mixture, ground chicken, egg, celery, bread crumbs and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated. (If the mixture is too soft to roll, refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.)

ROLL the mixture into small, round balls, each about 1-inch in diameter, making sure to pack each one firmly. Place the balls in the baking dish, lining them up snugly so that each is touching.

ROAST 15 to 20 minutes or until firm and cooked through. A meat thermometer inserted in the center should read 165 degrees. Cool 5 minutes before serving. (If you make them in advance and you want to heat them again before serving, place them under a broiler for a few minutes, just until starting to brown.)

NOTE: The book calls for dry bread crumbs but suggests avoiding panko, which are crunchier. We used panko in testing, however, and found it worked fine, especially if you chill the mixture for about 30 minutes.

Yield: 40 meatballs.

Blue Cheese Dressing

From “The Meatball Shop Cookbook.” You can use a prepared blue cheese dressing, but this version makes a tart, flavorful dip.

3/4 cup sour cream

1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese

1/3 cup whole milk

1/3 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon salt, or to taste

1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

PLACE the sour cream, blue cheese, milk, mayonnaise, salt and vinegar in a medium bowl. Whisk thoroughly until completely combined.

TASTE and adjust the seasoning if needed.

Yield: 2 cups.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/0 ... rylink=cpy

and if you really want to gross out your guests...

Buffalo Milkshake

1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole milk, plus 1 cup milk, divided
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
2/3 cup tomato juice
2/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Celery sticks

Place the cream, 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk and 1/4 cup blue cheese in a blender. Blend a few times to mix (Bishop suggests only pulsing so the mixture doesn't get frothy, but I didn't see that it made a difference. It will smooth out in the freezer). Add the tomato juice, wing sauce and Worcestershire. Blend again. Pour into a shallow freezer-safe container with a lid (I used a plastic container).
Place in the freezer and stir with a fork every 30 minutes, until solid.
Measure out 2 cups frozen mixture. Place in the blender with 1 cup milk. Blend until smooth but still cold and creamy. Serve in small glasses with a celery stick and a sprinkling of blue cheese.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Read more here: http://obsbite.blogspot.com/2012/01/buf ... rylink=cpy

Thanks..sounds good. Now I am looking for somebody brave enough to grind up raw dead chickens here.

Back
Top Bottom