Super-fan Round-table Podcast...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Thought about doing a once a month "Super-fan Round-table" type podcast. Basically, it would be me and 4 others (members) talking about a designated topic. IE...briskets, pork butts, turkeys, brining, injecting, and whatever else would make for a good discussion topic.

Talk would be restricted to the designated topic...if you're interested in participating let me know. I was thinking the first show would be on pork butts or briskets

I would like to get the show in the can in the next few weeks...so let me know if you are interested and I will tell you what you need to do!

Greg

As requested:

1. You will need...a microphone so we can hear you speak. a headset would be nice, but if you have some regular earphones that can plug in to the computer that will work fine as it takes away any echo.

2. SKYPE I don't see what the big deal is here. It is free and makes everyone sound great!

3. It is preferred that your internet connection is NOT wireless to ensure proper voice transmission.

I suppose, if no one wants to download Skype, I can implement the conference call via a telehost and the first 3 items would not be needed. You would then need a telephone and long distance capability. I do try to produce a great sounding podcast. If we do it this way you guys WILL sound like you are on the phone and I WILL sound like I am in a studio.

In conclusion, however it can get done then that's what I really want to do. Over time, people will realize the benefit and other good applications for Skype and get it. IT IS FREE!!!!

So, if this changes your mind Dave then I would love to have your insight...I think.

Greg, I'm not trying to bust your balls about Skype. I'm going by information provided to me by my IT Guru here on the board. If he says it's okay to download the Skype, I will do so!

Who's your IT guy? Why wouldn't it be safe...I've had it for well over a year...just great soundng free calls...but whatever :roll:

Greg Rempe said:
Who's your IT guy? Why wouldn't it be safe...I've had it for well over a year...just great soundng free calls...but whatever :roll:

We have the same IT guy!

Finney said:
Have you guys SEEN you IT guy?!?!?! :shock:

And you still listen to him? :roll:

Yes, I saw a pic of him that he took of himself in a mirror. Kinda handsome if I may say so.

Greg Rempe said:
Thought about doing a once a month "Super-fan Round-table" type podcast. Basically, it would be me and 4 others (members) talking about a designated topic. IE...briskets, pork butts, turkeys, brining, injecting, and whatever else would make for a good discussion topic.

Talk would be restricted to the designated topic...if you're interested in participating let me know. I was thinking the first show would be on pork butts or briskets

I would like to get the show in the can in the next few weeks...so let me know if you are interested and I will tell you what you need to do!

Greg

I AM IN !!!

Greg Rempe said:
As requested:

1. You will need...a microphone so we can hear you speak. a headset would be nice, but if you have some regular earphones that can plug in to the computer that will work fine as it takes away any echo.

Ahh well that counts me out no mike here , but I do have long distance.

Hey guys, you can get a headset with a microphone for under $20. Go to the store today and get one and be a part of this!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom