Suggestions Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tannehill Kid said:
What kind of sides do yall cook with smoked pork ribs. I'm tired of baked beans and potatoe salad. Suggestions please.
Hot German Potato Salad!!!!! YumYum!!!!

red beans and rice, potato salad, devilled eggs, stuffed onions and shrooms, and i really like this recipe with all things pork:

Potatoes O'Diana

Serving Size : 8
Preparation Time :0:15

Ingredients:
32 oz bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
8 oz sour cream
1 onion
2 oz of cheddar cheese - shredded
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 stick of butter or margarine

Spread out potatoes in a 9X13 baking pan. Since the hash browns are frozen there may be some big chunks stuck together. Break these up while they are still in the bag. However, don't get carried away. I have slammed a bag down on the floor with a throw that "The Body" Ventura would have envied. Yes, the potatoes were broken up as intended, but they were also scattered all over the kitchen, which was not intended.

Melt the butter or margarine, then spread it over the frozen potatoes. Slice and chop the onion. Spread it over the potatoes as well. Now, in a separate bowl (I hate this separate bowl business - it just makes for more cleanup - unfortunately, in this case it is necessary.) mix the mushroom soup, the sour cream and most of the cheese. Ladle this onto the top of the potatoes and spread as evenly as possible.

Finally, sprinkle on the cheese you have left and stick pan into a 400 or so degree oven for an hour, perhaps longer depending on if you like crunchy, browned or blackened bits of potatoes.

Can someone explain to me why my suggestion was deleted from this thread?

ABT's
twice baked taters
asparagus or corn on the cob wrapped in bacon
grilled bok choy (hit with oil and rub, and OMG) <- try that !!!
plain and simple roasted garlic mashed

just going with hasn't been already mentioned.
Corn bread and slaw is a must IMHO.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Wife called and said she was gong with sweet potatoe with butter and cinnamon and homemade cole slaw. Keep the suggestions coming.

Diva Q said:
I have slammed a bag down on the floor with a throw that "The Body" Ventura would have envied. Yes, the potatoes were broken up as intended, but they were also scattered all over the kitchen, which was not intended.
Doesn't this belong in that other thread, the one about kitchen oopses? ;)

--John
(I hate when $#!7 like that happens. I mutter and grumble the whole time I'm cleaning it up. :evil: )

Unity said:
Diva Q said:
I have slammed a bag down on the floor with a throw that "The Body" Ventura would have envied. Yes, the potatoes were broken up as intended, but they were also scattered all over the kitchen, which was not intended.

thats weird cause I did not post that at all.

007bond-jb said:
Bread puddin
I'll bet you've got a good recipe, JB. (Not to detract from the recipes Bruce B and Pigs on the Wing have already posted in Appetizers, Sides & Desserts.)

--John
(My wife will follow a good bread pudding anywhere.)

Something weird is going on because I originally posted this tread in sides. Posted it once and went back to see if any responses and it was gone. Reposted and it ended up in general bbq. Don't know guess it's computer goast.

Tannehill Kid said:
Something weird is going on because I originally posted this tread in sides. Posted it once and went back to see if any responses and it was gone. Reposted and it ended up in general bbq. Don't know guess it's computer goast.

I saw that TK. I might have posted it there. Board was acting kind of funny yesterday afternoon.
Anyhow let me try this again. Give this a try ;)
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Back
Top Bottom