Stromboli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dang Nick you outdid yourself on that one. Looks scrumptious. Stombolis is my favorite. We used to buy some off this guy in a pizza delivery truck which looked like small Canoes of dough with the ends twisted up..then all the good stuff be piled up in there sorta open faced in the hollow area. Wow..them thangs were tasty. You ever seen or heard of one being served like that? Thanks.

bigwheel

Well he never did answer my question about the strombolis built into the shape of boats like we used to buy off the guy who drove the Pizzer Delivery Truck...sniff sniff. Since this boat looking stromboli was a high volume type item I suspect they bake up the little boats in advance then when it come time to get em ready they just loaded up the boats and stuck em in the oven long enough to melt the cheese..heat em up a bit etc. Maybe a little brushing of oil or squirt of PAM inside the boat to keep the wet stuff from leaking through the bottom. They bound to have had a flat bottom on em so they set down flat. Anyway you could it eat sorta like a big fat hot dawg. It not take a knife and fork in other words.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Dang Nick you outdid yourself on that one. Looks scrumptious. Stombolis is my favorite. We used to buy some off this guy in a pizza delivery truck which looked like small Canoes of dough with the ends twisted up..then all the good stuff be piled up in there sorta open faced in the hollow area. Wow..them thangs were tasty. You ever seen or heard of one being served like that? Thanks.

bigwheel

No, I haven't.

Back
Top Bottom