Stolen Pit & WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn White

Sous Chef
img_202356_0_eb24c5f62b0f36e7b796bb81478603cb.jpg

A guy I know from Regina, Saskatchewan ihas been doing comps a couple of years now. He was having a helluva year, winning GC at 4 out of 5 comps, then he went down to the Royal.

On the way back he lost his pit, here is his account:

I'm afraid we have a bit of sad news to report, and I need to call on our northern plains members to keep their eyes and ears open for a stolen BBQ pit and WSM.

Long story... and it kills me to type it. We lost the BBQ pit trailer about 15 miles South of Fargo. We were towing with the bumper hitch and it tore out of the bumper, nothing dramatic happened, just over stressed I guess. The pit dig into the dirt on the left side of the interstate, flipped a couple of times and came to rest upside down. Thankfully we were all fine and nobody else was impacted in any way. Barry, that thing was built like a tank! It was slightly banged up but certainly still towable.

So we ventured into Fargo, had a hitch installed, did some shopping at Menards (where we were pleasantly surprised to run into Smokin' Jim) and returned to the scene of the crime. Note I say "crime" because when we got there the BBQ pit was gone. The WSM was inside it.

So I'm just asking people to keep their eyes open for some BBQ equipment put up for sale. I will post pictures tonight.
Thanks!

He has a forum post about it HERE if you should have any info for him.

It's rapidly turnin' into a very differnt world than the world I grew up in :roll: People like that are just suckin' up other folks' air :x

8)

Back
Top Bottom