St. Augustine, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Took a ride to St. Augustine for the day, started at a 114 year old Alligator Farm.

My wife Linda

The Grandchildren, Lauren & Alex

Next stop was downtown St. Augustine

Thats a nice lookin family John. St Augustine is a beautiful place, My family took us there when I was 7 or 8 years old.

I've been to the Alligator Farm a few times, mostly in the 50's and 60's when I was a kid. My favorite memory was from about 1990, when we went with a large group from VA. One of the ladies put a quarter in one of the vending machines to buy food pellets to feed the fish - and the machine vended the biggest cockroach I ever saw, right into her hand. I don't know if there's a "roach flinging" category in the Guiness Book of World Records, but if there is, she is probably the record holder. She might even be in the top five for "loudest scream at a tourist attraction". :D

Larry D. said:
I've been to the Alligator Farm a few times, mostly in the 50's and 60's when I was a kid. My favorite memory was from about 1990, when we went with a large group from VA. One of the ladies put a quarter in one of the vending machines to buy food pellets to feed the fish - and the machine vended the biggest cockroach I ever saw, right into her hand. I don't know if there's a "roach flinging" category in the Guiness Book of World Records, but if there is, she is probably the record holder. She might even be in the top five for "loudest scream at a tourist attraction". :D

That must have been a sight to see, don't you wish you had a video camera? BTW, we refer to them as palmetto bugs, sounds nicer. ;)

Back
Top Bottom