Spud Gun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yea those are fun. I have a friend that has a tater field across the street from his house. We go get the rejects and fire away. Aqua Net hair spray works best for fuel. :LOL: The ones we build have no holes at the end of the barrel. Makes the tater go farther.

Every year, for those who are unaware, I get together with a group of Q-brothers in Cistern, Tejas from the Texas BBQ Rub Forum. One of the favored activities is a couple of hours of spud gun revilry:

http://www.peppersandsmoke.com/photo/sh ... un%202.jpg

Once, we said, "I wonder what it would sound like in the Porta-Jon if you were inside ans shot it at close range........." In this picture are BBQ stalwarts Gordo, and Zilla. Any of you who ever wants to attend this event, you are welcome. It is the first weekend in November every year. Fly into Houston, or Dallas, or San Antonio, or Austin. It is right in the middle. Three days of BBQ, Drinking, Running each other into the ground,Drinking, more BBQ, Cigars, More BBQ, drinking.....you get the idea. Go once, you will go again. Cost last year was $100.00-provide your own liquor. This year will be #5 . Texlaw usually brings about 20 different kinds of beer and barley type beverages. I get about 4 bottles of top shel Tequila. We've had buffalo, racoon, suckling pig, ribs, brisket, chicken fried steak, catfish, prime rib, bone in pork-loin, jambalaya,biscuits, gravy, head cheese, home made tortillas, salsa, frijoles. We have black guys, white guys, Mexican guys, Okies, Coonass, Rednecks, Italians, from Connecticut to Florida, to Ohio, to Louisiana come. Best time I ever had! Sorry for the lenghty, explanation! Woody

Woodman said:
Every year, for those who are unaware, I get together with a group of Q-brothers in Cistern, Tejas from the Texas BBQ Rub Forum. One of the favored activities is a couple of hours of spud gun revilry:

http://www.peppersandsmoke.com/photo/sh ... un%202.jpg

Once, we said, "I wonder what it would sound like in the Porta-Jon if you were inside ans shot it at close range........." In this picture are BBQ stalwarts Gordo, and Zilla. Any of you who ever wants to attend this event, you are welcome. It is the first weekend in November every year. Fly into Houston, or Dallas, or San Antonio, or Austin. It is right in the middle. Three days of BBQ, Drinking, Running each other into the ground,Drinking, more BBQ, Cigars, More BBQ, drinking.....you get the idea. Go once, you will go again. Cost last year was $100.00-provide your own liquor. This year will be #5 . Texlaw usually brings about 20 different kinds of beer and barley type beverages. I get about 4 bottles of top shel Tequila. We've had buffalo, racoon, suckling pig, ribs, brisket, chicken fried steak, catfish, prime rib, bone in pork-loin, jambalaya,biscuits, gravy, head cheese, home made tortillas, salsa, frijoles. We have black guys, white guys, Mexican guys, Okies, Coonass, Rednecks, Italians, from Connecticut to Florida, to Ohio, to Louisiana come. Best time I ever had! Sorry for the lenghty, explanation! Woody

I didn't see wives mentioned :shock:

That gun was Aqua Net. PK's gun was Carb Cleaner I think. I'm not in this picture actually. Woodman may have me cornfused with BigYoung (the big Coonass in the overalls). :) That's OK, BigYoung is a helluva guy. Yes come to Q-Fest indeed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom