Spicy Pickled Quail Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
I had three dozen quail eggs and decided to pickle them.
img_254227_0_6fc1581c886013c15e5701ef8b511d5f.jpg

Started them in cool water to keep from breaking them open.
img_254227_1_57ec2d4d500a593acaff50b8b8df6297.jpg

After peeling them and eating about a half dozen of them I put them in a jar and got the vinegar spiced and ready for the eggs.
img_254227_2_0df56cfe6b4f53d35e068fe0d4305a8f.jpg

img_254227_3_ea41e293de3a3ddd0074523412e52bf1.jpg

I have a feeling these are going to be really good!
img_254227_4_7e1e98535a0bdcc9af31ce24a5f170d0.jpg

img_254227_5_691609c3e5f56ba8c4faf023ee4842dd.jpg

phew YUK, eggs, sorry man I am very allergic to eggs, so I can not like them. Looks like you had a good time making them.

Cant believe a city boy who never had a pickled egg. Now what is up with a person being allergic to eggs? How do they get born and stuff like that? Dont humans come from eggs? Maybe its just cooked eggs. Raw eggs prob be ok. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

I like pickled eggs, but it'd probably take a dozen or so of the small quail eggs to fill me up. A quail's just a smaller chicken that talks different and wears a different hat, isn't it?

BOB

I love good pickled chicken eggs. Do quail have eggs too? lol. They have a pickled quail eating contest at Traders Village in Grand Prarie seems like. Anyway best pickled hen eggs come from a pool hall in Whiskeyta Falls run by two slab savers. One be there for two days then they swap. Ideal scenario. They have big red pickled sausage in gallon jars. When the sausage sell out they stuff it with boiled eggs. Turn em bright red and spicy enough to make the sinus clear up. They was good on day two..but was best at two weeks. They also made the best burgers..fries..pinto beans and baloney sandwiches in town. Firemen know how to cook.

very nice looking eggs!!! Never had quail eggs but have had pickled eggs which are very good. Not quite as good as pickled bologna but pretty close.

Now your playing my song with that pickled baloney. Old transplanted yankee from Manysoto who run the country club restaurant/bar down in wise County go home and bring back gallon jars of the real McCoy. Goes with beer about as good as pickled eggs and pork rinds. Not quite as good as Whiskey..wink wink.

What kind of Whiskey? I am partial to Jack Daniels Single Barrel, Jim Beam Devil's Cut, or Canadian Club Black 20 Year Old, or even the 30 Year Old. Crown Royal too. All are good to cook and marinate with, better for drinking too.

All bourbons are bad since they are loaded up with impurities. All that wood and charcoal nonsense gives bad old hangovers. Real Men drink White Dawg..uhh rah. That make a person handsome or purty..as the gender may be..smart and tough. Wake up bright eyed an bushy tailed so to speak. No Mr. Headache.

Thought all the old sour doughs preferred Yukon Jack. That stuff can knock a person right out of a deer stand. Guess it to take some Googling to find out about this Blanton stuff. Hoping it aint some kinda sissified Canadian blend or something eh?

Ahh ok. Thanks for shorting up the research. What is it that makes it special? Not sure how it could taste mo betta than Ezra..lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom