Speed Kills!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greg Rempe said:
The people in the car died and the cycle guy lives??? That usually doesn't happen... :eek:

No, the cycle guy died too.

The motorcyclist, 20-year-old Mitchel R. “Mitchâ€

The Joker said:
The motorcycle knocked the van over?? :eek: :eek: Damn!!

Yeah, those things are pretty heavy and get them going at a fast speed. I've been to some many car accidents that it doesn't faze me anymore. We crawl into the cars, bandage the patients and get them to the hospital. It sucks for the innocent victims.

1044 said:
Monday night, my DIL, an 18 wheeler driver, was T-boned by a small car that ran a stop sign. In an effort to avoid the collision, she rolled the rig. She was unhurt and my 14 y.o. granddaughter suffered minor injuries. She has a broken finger, missing nail, 15 stitches in her leg, and a jillion tiny glass cuts.

The 16 y.o. girl driver was killed, along with two of her friends. A fourth is in the hospital in critical condition.

Cops said it looked like the girl tried to beat the truck through the intersection, as she left no skid marks. Her dad is a truck driver, too.

Fortunately, all evidence, police, and many witnesses said DIL was not responsible in any manner. She passed all DOT tests, no BAC, etc.

DIL is very emotional. That's a good thing. Granddaughter saw it coming, and the impact. She is acting like nothing happened. That is not a good thing. Fortunately, we have a very good friend who is a child counselor, who is going to visit with her.

They should be home sometime tonight. The wreck happened in Georgia.

There are no "why"'s in life. Life is just what it is.

In the twinkling of an eye...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This reminds me of something a friend told me. He was diagnosed some years back with a rare kidney cancer. The doc told him, "Do everything you want to do, say everything you want to say. The survival rate for this is 2%."

He did both. PTL, he turned out to be a 2%'er.

So, if there is anything you need to say, say it today, they may...you may... not come home tonight.

Glad to hear everyones okay.

Being a cycle rider for the last 18 yrs, I have lost at least 8 brother's (friend's) to a tragic death while riding.
I have a sad feeling in my heart everytime I think of them, I grew up since childhood with a few. I feel for the people in the car wrong place, wrong time it's sad.
But when it comes down to it, it could be any one of us, anytime, anywhere, so do your'e family & friend's a favor and watch out for the other guy.

Thats all :-(

Sometimes that doesn't even help, obviously. In these here parts, it's "who ever gets there 1st has the right of way"!! I drive a Yukon and I can't tell you how many times people look at me and pull out in front of me anyway. It's not like they didn't see me! A Yukon is pretty big and the headlights are on full time! Asswipes!! :-X

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom