Speaking of cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm having trouble with one of my picture cards. The card holds 163 pic's,but we take about 50 pic's and the card reads full. The other pic's don't show up when the card is in the camera. But when we go to devolop the pic's the other 100 or so pic's show up on the stores machine.
I can't for the life of me figure it out. Any idea's?

Here's a thought, get the manual that came with the camera and read it!
3.gif

It wasn't put in the box to keep the camera from banging around!

3.gif

3.gif

Nick Prochilo said:
Here's a thought, get the manual that came with the camera and read it!
3.gif

It wasn't put in the box to keep the camera from banging around!

3.gif

3.gif

Puff have the lil' one read them to you!

Puff said:
I'm having trouble with one of my picture cards. The card holds 163 pic's,but we take about 50 pic's and the card reads full. The other pic's don't show up when the card is in the camera. But when we go to devolop the pic's the other 100 or so pic's show up on the stores machine.

Do you mean that you have 100 photos on the card that the camera can't "see", and you can't remove? If so, do you have a card reader that will let you plug the card into your computer? If you do, try erasing those files from the card via the computer, and see if that will allow the camera to have access to the full capacity of the card again.

Larry D. said:
Puff said:

Do you mean that you have 100 photos on the card that the camera can't "see", and you can't remove? If so, do you have a card reader that will let you plug the card into your computer? If you do, try erasing those files from the card via the computer, and see if that will allow the camera to have access to the full capacity of the card again.
I do have a card reader on my printer. That is one thing I didn't try!
I'll give it a shot. Thanks Earnest T.......I mean Larry D. ;)

Im not much help on things that require reading but have you tried foiling it? Maybe brine for a couple hours.

I think Larry D is right plug the card into the puter and manually delete the pics...my guess is you renamed the pics that the camera won't read...so you'll need to delete them on the puter.

ZBQ said:
Puff,
Check the setting for how many mega pixels the camera is set for.

Like 3.0 or 6.0 mega pixels.

You might have accidentially bumped the setting up.

The memory card's capacity is for X number of pics at 3.0 Mp and
most likely about half that number of pics for 6.0 Mp

The higher the mega pixel setting, the less pics the card will hold.

Also, the higher the Mp setting, the higher the quality of the pic, but it
takes up more memory, there by reducing the amount of pics a card will hold.

Hope that helps. :) :)
The problem I'm having is when the card is in the camera(the card holds 168 pic's) it only shows 49 pic's. But when I put it in the card reader on my printer or take it to develop the pic's it shows 168 pic's. When it's in the camera it doesn't show the other pic's so I can't delete them.

When you go to read the card in the printer...does it show multiple folders? Mine does that sometimes...unsure why, but it does. Maybe the camera is failing to read the folder(s) it made..???

When you put the card in your computer's card reader and upload them to your computer, it doesn't give you the option of deleting what's on the card? Ours does and we use that function to wipe out the card each time we upload pics. That's how our HP worked and now the eVision Les found last week is the same way.

Puff said:
The problem I'm having is when the card is in the camera(the card holds 168 pic's) it only shows 49 pic's. But when I put it in the card reader on my printer or take it to develop the pic's it shows 168 pic's. When it's in the camera it doesn't show the other pic's so I can't delete them.

You know anybody that has a card reader?

Alternative... just get another card !!! They're cheap.

Helen I think that's what it's doing.

Allie, no my HP doesn't allow me to do that.

Scotty, I know there cheap, I just wanted to figure out why it's doing this.

Thanks everyone I'm just about ready to give up.

Chuckwagoncook said:
Puff,
If all else fails hold the card in one hand and go ahead and stick that butter knife in the outlet, that might just solve your problem!!

Let me know if it works for you!!
Shock felt kind of good......camera is still broke :shock:

Back
Top Bottom