Southern Living's Best Fried Chicken Spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MMMMMM....saw Princes' fired chicken in Nashville and made me homesick. If you like it hot...thats the place. Bad part of town and in front there's everything from new Mercedes to old pickups. Np air in the summer, canned drinks from a machine, one small TV with a judge show running and a few guys behind a window cooking on old stoves in cast iron. Theres no real recipe so mild can be as hot as the hot from one day to another...let the lunch rush pass and go once the peppers infiltrated the grease...just dont touch ANYTHING until washing your hands or you'll pay the price. And depending on what you want they have mild, med, hot, xtra hot (it looks like an EF Hutton comercial when its ordered) and for those that cant take it.....they even have "white boy"

Andy, go have a med for me soon.

Sadly, because I love fried chicken, I have only been to one! The AQ Chicken House in Springdale Ar. It was VERY good!

Wow, two of them are right here within 20 miles of me. I have eaten at one. Thanks for posting that Cappy.

maybe it's time to open up a fried chicken place in PA, I have'nt found one worthwhile since moving here in October. There's a "broasted" chicken place down the way...but thats the kind of stuff you can get in the mini mart style stores in TN.....hmmmmmm

I can vouch for Webster Manor (Southern Living got the spelling of the name wrong) in Mullins, SC. Played high school basketball with the owner's son back in the 70's. Know the family well. They serve some of the best southern food I've ever put in my mouth.

They left off one for TN, much better than the Loveless is now or ever was:

The Beacon Light in Bon Aqua, TN (45min or so outside of Nashville). Best fried chicken I have ever had, along with homemade biscuits, homemade jellies....I'm drooling on the keyboard thinking about it. Portions were big enough that my wife & I had cold chicken for a picnic lunch the next day.

Unless you know about the place or have been told about it, you can't find it. Probably why its not on the list. Either that or the black velvet Jesus paintings on the wall offended them...

Monells was better last time I went (end of last year), but I went to the main one & not a takeout station. Loveless is nowhere near what it once was. Even the ham biscuits are bad.

I guess it happens to all of them....over 25 years ago even Cracker Barrel had good country ham biscuits...then someone started selling them biscuits out of a box and decided that country ham had sugar in it.....silly people

Back
Top Bottom