Southern (California) Fried Chicken (picts)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
Soaked in buttermilk, with kosher salt and pepper for about 6 hrs.
Mixed the flower with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and some Cajun seasoning,
Fried em for about 4 minutes per side than let em roast in the grill for about another 20 minutes to about 175. My wife followed up with brownies for desert.

Yum. :D

Best part about the taps is no cans or bottles (evidence) left behind. However when you kill 15 gallons of beer in 4 weekends the wife does raise an eyebrow.

Great looking fried chicken! I really like the fact that you cooked it on the grill too.

I'm envious of those taps. I had a kegorator once upon a time and would love to have one again, but the wife...you get the point. So, I go through a lot of cans!

Tri Tip said:
Best part about the taps is no cans or bottles (evidence) left behind. However when you kill 15 gallons of beer in 4 weekends the wife does raise an eyebrow.

Come on, that's only 4 1/4 16 ounces glasses per day. What's wrong with that? Oh yeah, the chicken looked great also!

Tri Tip
Awesome fried chicken brother :D
I am also envious of the taps!
I don't know if there would be
any bones left on my plate :shock: :LOL:

8)

What a great setup!
And the chicken!
How do you control the oil temp? By sliding the pan over?

Thinking I could do that on my Egg.

So how do you get rid of the oil?

BeeRich said:
So how do you get rid of the grease after cooking with so much? You don't pour it down the sink, do ya?

I put my left over grease in a container I use a paintbrush to paint all my charcoal grates in my grill and smokers with it. Keeps the rust away. My charcoal grates have lasted years and years!

mar52 said:
What a great setup!
And the chicken!
How do you control the oil temp? By sliding the pan over?

Thinking I could do that on my Egg.

So how do you get rid of the oil?

Yep slide the pan. Once it the chicken is in it will hold good temp and I just leave it over the coal.
Careful when you slide. I've dumped oil on red hot coals several times.
Wow looks like the 4th of July. My eyebrows have just grown back. Also lump works a bit faster than briquettes due to better actual flames you get with lump and also the higher temps.
The lump will add a good light smokey flavor to your fried chicken.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom