Source for really good Maple Syrup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try Kroger they got some good stuff. As I was taught by one of my dearly deceased best pals which I never met named Joe Ames...Real maple syrup translates to sweet in most applications. Now this do not count pancakes with real cow butter. Short point of the story is if you want something that tastes mapley in some type of heated concoctions you will need some artificial stuff. A little goes a long way. If you want sweet try honey or table sugar etc.

Jeff, I must disagree. There is no substitute for real maple syrup. I understand that reasonable men may disagree, but I insist on real maple, not maple flavored. Would you want whiskey flavored bourbon, or real bourbon?

Maple Grove is pretty good. Their online store opens in 2 weeks. If you can wait a month or so, you can get some of this years batch instead of last years. (it never goes bad though).

Well if the whiskey was free I wouldnt be too choosey. Might consider the lowest price if I was buying. Now on the januine maple syrup do love it dearly..it just aint quite as mapley as is needs to be for some applications where folks might be wishing to impart a maple flavor to some other foodstuff. Simple huh?

Griff said:
Jeff, I must disagree. There is no substitute for real maple syrup. I understand that reasonable men may disagree, but I insist on real maple, not maple flavored. Would you want whiskey flavored bourbon, or real bourbon?

Griff said:

Griff-I agree with you 100%. I bought some from a guy who had his own little wood burning sugar shack and the syrup was unbelievable. My family didn't like it because it was thin an smokey tasting compared to pancake syrup, but I love it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get hold of him this year.

Hmmm not sure on the grade B stuff. I used the commonly available variety as a thick sweetner for chicken and rib glazes for several years. It just come out sweet on the far end. Figgered out honey works about as well if not mo betta. Now I do favor it for hotcakes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom