Soup time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Well, its fially happened...the wood stoves been going for a few days, temps in the low 30's at night and snow coming tuesday...So time for some soup..making my dads vegtable beef standard..Have to serve it in two weeks at camp for our standard opening night dinner, so this is sort of a test run...finished pics to follow...

Snow's predicted here Tuesday as well. YUCK! The soup sounds good! I'm thinking about whipping up a batch of Brunswick Stew!

I don't see or believe there is a soup.
:roll:

Enjoy yer bowl of Air

lol
peace

surfinsapo said:
for some reason I believe a guy from NY in November makin soup.... ;)

You just take care of that Cockaroacha Problem you got in yer Avatar Mr!

Yuck!

Bugs and cooking?

lol
peace

uuuuuuMMMMMMM!
SOUP!

I have a Buzzard Soup I started the other day in the Frig I will make pastry dumplings with tomorrow and share with you boy.

I can almost smell them Carrots.

Bravo man
peace

Jealous, come on John admit it! This coming from a native Floridian!

By early January I'll be crying with the rest of them about how much I hate winter! :LOL:

Full disclosure: I'm only this cheery about the prospect of snow on Tuesday because we're leaving for Hawaii tomorow!

We'll post pics!

wdroller said:
john pen said:
Well, its fially happened...the wood stoves been going for a few days, temps in the low 30's at night and snow coming tuesday...So time for some soup..making my dads vegtable beef standard..Have to serve it in two weeks at camp for our standard opening night dinner, so this is sort of a test run...finished pics to follow...

Snow? Is that the white stuff? If you post the pics, I hope you'll post the recipe. I eat soup, good soup, year round.

Since you must know something about wood stoves, do you have any recommendations about what I should buy to heat the 16x28 woodshop I'm building? I saw an Englander at Home Depot today. Probably a little large for what I need.

All I can suggest is get as large a stove as you have room for/can afford. You'll be able to load it and maintain a nice temp without a lot of messing around..A smaller stove will require a bit more attention..

I grew up in the Catskill Mts. Winters there were a piece of cake compared to my 12 months on an isolated USAF radar site at Sioux Lookout , Canada, in 1960. Coldest was 52 below zero actual temp, not wind chill. Wind chill was off the charts. I'll take Florida.

Back
Top Bottom