Soothing my pain........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Woke up at my normal 3am, got in the shower and all of a sudden I felt like a boiled piece of meat. The water was scalding hot, even with the cold water almost all the way on. So I figured something was wrong and it was was confirmed later when we have absolutely no hot water. So I stayed home for the repairman. Called this morning and the parts are still under warranty but I'll have to pay for the service call and labor, there goes my beer money! :cry: So I said I'm not gonna let this get me down, dug through the freezer and found a 4.5lb butt. Plopped in the sink for a couple hours in cold water, rubbed down with Bad Byrons Butt Rub and it's on the Primo with lump and hickory. Perfect size for a weekday spur of the moment cook!

Now that's what I call a rude awakening! Hope the service call and labor aren't too expensive. It looks like you're making good use of your time at home!

There is never good time for the water heater to go out. :evil:

At least you are making good use of the time.

Maybe the repair man will swap his service for that butt you got cooking. :?:

Cliff H. said:
There is never good time for the water heater to go out. :evil:

At least you are making good use of the time.

Maybe the repair man will swap his service for that butt you got cooking. :?:

LOL... posted at the EXACT same time too.. 10:52

wittdog said:
I'd like to say that great minds think alike...but..................... :P :D

That makes three of us Dave. Cuz I thought the same as you when I saw that SJ and I posted the same thought. :LOL:

Obviously that is the thing to do Larry.

Smokey_Joe said:
Make sure that butt is smokin' when the repairman is there, and trade it for his services!!!!!!

If he won't, eat some right in front of him.

I'd definetly have a PP sandwich in hand, splash a little sauce on your shirt too

This butt is small and stubborn! Only at 140* now, been on for close to six hours, gonna crank the heat up a bit, I don't want this little boy drying out.

My day gets worse as it goes on..................water heater guy just left. Replace 2 thermostats that were under warranty and was here less than 20 minutes, $295 in labor!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
This butt is small and stubborn! Only at 140* now, been on for close to six hours, gonna crank the heat up a bit, I don't want this little boy drying out.

My day gets worse as it goes on..................water heater guy just left. Replace 2 thermostats that were under warranty and was here less than 20 minutes, $295 in labor!!!

Holy crap, VA really screws people in labor costs don't they?

Larry thats crap I'm a licenced HVAC & Plumbing contractor here in La. the high going rate for non contract customers is $75 bucks an hour with $25 trip charge. DUDE YOU GOT RAPED & STUCK IN THE @$$ THOSE ELECTRIC STATS ARE ONLY $20 BUCKS EACH LIST,,, I'D CALL, CANCEL THE CHECK, OR STOP PAYMENT ON YOUR VISA NOW. THEN CALL THE @$$WHOLE WHO OWNS THE COMPANY & REAM HIS @$$ OUT

007bond-jb said:
Larry thats crap I'm a licenced HVAC & Plumbing contractor here in La. the high going rate for non contract customers is $75 bucks an hour with $25 trip charge. DUDE YOU GOT RAPED & STUCK IN THE @$$ THOSE ELECTRIC STATS ARE ONLY $20 BUCKS EACH LIST,,, I'D CALL, CANCEL THE CHECK, OR STOP PAYMENT ON YOUR VISA NOW. THEN CALL THE @$$WHOLE WHO OWNS THE COMPANY & REAM HIS @$$ OUT

I agree, but everything is expensive and outrageously priced around here. The going rate around here just to show up at your door is $89. The two therms together were $55, they were warranteed and taken off the original bill of $350, which took it down to the $295.

I had a different company come out to get a tennis ball out of the toilet that my dog put in and my daughter proceeded to flush. For him to snake the line which he spent about 30 minutes doing cost me $265.

I can't cancel that check, that would be fraud on my part which would cause me to lose my security clearance which would put me out of a job. So unless I become a certified HVAC Technician I guess I have to live with a sore anus. :shock:

WE MIGHT NEED TO MOVE THIS TO THE RED@$$ ROOM ISTILL CANNOT BELIVE THIS, LARRY DUDE TELL THE OWNER YOUR GOING TO THE BBB & YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL THEY WILL INVESTIGATE HIS @$$ gIVE THE MODLE # OF YOUR HWH & I'LL SEND YOU A QUOTE FOR DRIVING UP FROM LA TO FIX IT. GOT DAMM I'M SORRY MAN THAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF

007bond-jb said:
WE MIGHT NEED TO MOVE THIS TO THE RED@$$ ROOM ISTILL CANNOT BELIVE THIS, LARRY DUDE TELL THE OWNER YOUR GOING TO THE BBB & YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL THEY WILL INVESTIGATE HIS @$$ gIVE THE MODLE # OF YOUR HWH & I'LL SEND YOU A QUOTE FOR DRIVING UP FROM LA TO FIX IT. GOT DAMM I'M SORRY MAN THAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF

I appreciate your feelings for me!! :D

I just called two other plumbers and both were higher. The first one was $459 (just labor) to replace the top and bottom thermostats. The other was $434...........I'm still not happy with the $295 I paid, but it's better than the other two estimates!

Back
Top Bottom