Soothing my pain........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allrite I had a few pops now, Man I still can't belive it. how mutch did the the heater cost new & installed up your way? & how many Gallon tank do it have? SOB I need to open a branch office up there I'll have enough money to buy a freakin private jet, a condo by Cappy + a 100ft boat in 1 month

007bond-jb said:
Allrite I had a few pops now, Man I still can't belive it. how mutch did the the heater cost new & installed up your way? & how many Gallon tank do it have? SOB I need to open a branch office up there I'll have enough money to buy a freakin private jet, a condo by Cappy + a 100ft boat in 1 month

JB it cost $858.00 in February 2005 for the heater and installation. I asked the guy how much it would cost to have one installed now, he said $1,150.

You should have just kept taking cold showers! How much more could it have been for a brand new hot water heater? Hey, do you need any brick work? I'd come work there for prices like that! :LOL:

wdroller said:
Larry Wolfe said:
This butt is small and stubborn! Only at 140* now, been on for close to six hours, gonna crank the heat up a bit, I don't want this little boy drying out.

My day gets worse as it goes on..................water heater guy just left. Replace 2 thermostats that were under warranty and was here less than 20 minutes, $295 in labor!!!

I wouldn't pay that. It's almost an hourly rate of $900. Most of those thieves charge from the time they leave their place of business until they get back. Did he come up from Carolina?

What other option did I have?? The other two places I called were much more.

Larry, you might want to check, but I think if he is a licensed contractor he has to go by set rates on warranty work. Each state has their own laws and rates and I am not familiar with yours, but I do believe that you can either check with your warranty company on the paid warranty labor rate..or check with your local Chamber of Commerce.

The 20 minute charge should be NO WHERES near that high.

There's laws against taking advantage of elderly and handicapped too....surprised he even tried that.

Again I appreciate everyones concern, but I'm not going to play the discrimination card, I just don't do that. How was it discrimination?? The two other Plumbers I called gave me a much higher quote? Maybe they had the futuristic caller id that told them, "this guys wheelchair bigheaded fatass"?? [smilie=a_whyme.gif] It's no different than anyother specialized service. Example - I had my truck in the other day for an oil change and I noticed I had a drip in my driveway and asked them to check it out. The tranmission cooler hose was evidently damaged in the accident last year, which the body shop obviously overlooked. So I tell the service writer to replace it, then I ask how much. He said $235, I said WHAT?? I said how much was the hose, he said like $20. Then I said $200 in labor, is that a hard job, he said no takes about 30 minutes.

So what can you do???? [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

Ok I have calmed down. sSorry for yelling in my previous posts. On the truck oil leak the car dealerships (Ford/Chevy ect...) follow a nationwide pricing sheet, Private owned don't have too. The home appliance industry does not. But Home depot & Lowes are factory authorised dealers for most major name brands & they will waranty your stuff at a fixed national rate. Next time call them. Their plumbers, electricians, ect...work for them & have to follow their pricing guidlines.

007bond-jb said:
Ok I have calmed down. sSorry for yelling in my previous posts. On the truck oil leak the car dealerships (Ford/Chevy ect...) follow a nationwide pricing sheet, Private owned don't have too. The home appliance industry does not. But Home depot & Lowes are factory authorised dealers for most major name brands & they will waranty your stuff at a fixed national rate. Next time call them. Their plumbers, electricians, ect...work for them & have to follow their pricing guidlines.

I'll keep that in mind for the next time JB! Thanks! Now look at me Boy!

Larry Wolfe said:
Again I appreciate everyones concern, but I'm not going to play the discrimination card, I just don't do that. How was it discrimination?? The two other Plumbers I called gave me a much higher quote? Maybe they had the futuristic caller id that told them, "this guys wheelchair bigheaded fatass"?? [smilie=a_whyme.gif] It's no different than anyother specialized service. Example - I had my truck in the other day for an oil change and I noticed I had a drip in my driveway and asked them to check it out. The tranmission cooler hose was evidently damaged in the accident last year, which the body shop obviously overlooked. So I tell the service writer to replace it, then I ask how much. He said $235, I said WHAT?? I said how much was the hose, he said like $20. Then I said $200 in labor, is that a hard job, he said no takes about 30 minutes.

So what can you do???? [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

You probably told them that! :LOL: :shock: ;)

geesh!...you need to roll around with a .45 strapped to the side of your chair.......people might be less apt to rape you!

I must apologize, but I just don't understand how these repair people can charge you that much and then look you in the face and tell you how easy it is/was to do and how little time it took and then still overcharge.......totally bizzare!

Smokey_Joe said:
geesh!...you need to roll around with a .45 strapped to the side of your chair.......people might be less apt to rape you!

I must apologize, but I just don't understand how these repair people can charge you that much and then look you in the face and tell you how easy it is/was to do and how little time it took and then still overcharge.......totally bizzare!

All he needs is a long wooden dowel. That gets people's attention. And if you whip it around in the air, that sound it makes makes people flinch! :LOL:

Unfortunately, my fiance says the price on the transmission cooler hose is about right. Sorry, Larry.

Back
Top Bottom