some scenery and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
My wife, my fishing buddy Charlie and I drove down to the Kenai Peninsula for the weekend and visited another friend Harry. This is the view out of Harry's back yard. There are rainbow trout in the lake but we had bigger fish in mind.

Harry took us fishing in his boat in Cook Inlet, a part of the Gulf of Alaska in the north Pacific. The ocean was flat calm and it was a sunny 50*. This is Charlie and my wife, Dian.

Some scenery. That coast is about 30 miles on the other side of Cook Inlet.

Mt. Redoubt. It is an active volcano but not smoking at this time.

Me in Harry's backyard with a 35lb king salmon and a 30lb halibut we caught.

Harry turning halibut into filets.

does anyone else here hate Griff? I mean you go to Costco, get some
great looking salmon, and come home to find him catching his own.

I hate Griff! Lucky bastard.

:LOL:

knine said:
great pics . did yall camp out there ? i would love to do that .

You would freeze solid as a hunk a cement Knine. Yall see, coon asses will always jump out da boat :LOL:

Looks like a fine trip Griff

Beautiful fish!....I have heard the Gulf of Alaska has some wonderful fishing.

I have a question though........are the clouds always that low up your way? Ya see em high and low combined around here....basically a sky full......but I honestly don't think I have ever seen them just along a horizon like that before with perfect blue skies everywhere else. Must make for some gorgeous sun sets huh?

Wow that is some super looking fish.

the scenery is breathtaking as well.

Certainly a piece of God's country.

Smokey_Joe said:
Beautiful fish!....I have heard the Gulf of Alaska has some wonderful fishing.

I have a question though........are the clouds always that low up your way? Ya see em high and low combined around here....basically a sky full......but I honestly don't think I have ever seen them just along a horizon like that before with perfect blue skies everywhere else. Must make for some gorgeous sun sets huh?

The clouds are just over the mountains. On sunny clear spring days the snow covered mountains form their own clouds in the afternoon as the evaporating moisture rises.

Mr. Griff I'm waiting for another great pic. ( summer that is) from that great view you have from your house :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom