Softball time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Its softball season around the ole' FD and tonights our first game. Well, the coach has been observing my cat like reflexes, my tip top physical condition and my high level of agility....and put me in the position of team cook. Ill be doing dogs, burgers (with cheese and/or bacon) and a pasta salad with cheese and meats for 40 tonight. Ill start limbering up around 6pm with some lunges and 16oz presses. The only problem I have is were to put the charcol in our FD's grill. Its got some white bottle thing with a hose running into the grates. Anyone ever hear of such a thing ?

john pen said:
Its softball season around the ole' FD and tonights our first game. Well, the coach has been observing my cat like reflexes, my tip top physical condition and my high level of agility....and put me in the position of team cook. Ill be doing dogs, burgers (with cheese and/or bacon) and a pasta salad with cheese and meats for 40 tonight. Ill start limbering up around 6pm with some lunges and 16oz presses. The only problem I have is were to put the charcol in our FD's grill. Its got some white bottle thing with a hose running into the grates. Anyone ever hear of such a thing ?
LOL!

How is it that you get to cook for the team...and I end up coaching the 6-8 year olds team......

John if you knew someone who could weld..you might be able to get them to fabricate a charcoal grill for the Fire Dept....It wouldn't have to be anything to fancy....just a box with some holes in it and a piece of expanded metal framed on top for a cooking surface.....just thinking out load here of course

Well, the gas grill experiance wasn't quite the nightmare I was predicting. We have a nice Ducane (sp), so it was allright. The team won 16 to 6, but only because they sucked a lot more than we did...The bacon for the burgers and the pasta salad was a big hit...

Back
Top Bottom